Returning to DR after loong absence

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
I'm planning a trip to the DR in April after a 20+ year absence. Its amazing how fast the time has flown! We plan to go to SFM, Samana, Santiago, and San Juan de la Maguana to visit old friends and wife's relatives.

I plan to rent a car. Do the car rental agencies at SDQ offer good quality road maps? If not, where can I get one?

Also, if any of you live in San Juan de la Maguana, maybe you could help me to locate an old friend and former employer from there. I've tried the phone directory, etc. to no avail. I realize that he may no longer be alive, but some of his family are sure to remain there. If you think you can help, just drop me an email and I'll send you his name and address. Thanks in advance! :)

BTW, congratulations on this highly informative forum. Keep up the good work.

Swede

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You can purchase a good map at the larger Texaco gas stations. National gives out good maps, but the Texaco map should have more details for traveling to the cities you suggest. Given the many new highways that have been built recently, we also suggest you get someone to go over the better routes to get where you are going.

jo2na

Feb 24, 2002
april!!!

hey im going in april too!! cant wait... though it has only been a year...i miss it very much..i have lots of family in san juan de la maguana, and also in the capital...give me his name, age, etc..so maybe i can find out for you...i dont know where in san juan, but i have plenty of people there, who can hopefully find out.