Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

The women here are so insecure..... or super secure?
    It’s all about how you look.
    Do brains matter at all?

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a lady Grillitax? If not you cannot post in this forum.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

3. Likes Auryn liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of hair just back in country. Went to get hair trimmed.
    Stylist sitting talking to group. Was happy to see me but when I said I wanted a trim
    said he had someone coming in. I said "Cinco minutos" as that's how long
    it takes and he said no. Owner or cashier was not happy he did not move. Said to me can you come in at 4.
    I said no and left. A friend who used to go there now goes elsewhere. I will try her elsewhere.

5. Likes Matilda, Auryn liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember likely the worst haircut of my life- at the hands of a Dominicana stylist. She took a handful of my bangs in the front and then extra hair. I thought maybe she was going to snip the split ends that stuck out?

So no, that was not the plan. By the time I realized what she was doing, it was too late. My mouth was half opened in protest when she snipped off my bangs and then some- nearly giving me a partial bloody mullet. My hair is very fine and thin, but plentiful. I have to be careful how I get it cut so it doesn’t look lifeless. That one snip destroyed any potential for shape and gave me this weird, 90s Jennifer Anniston layered look that I despised. I wore it half up or pinned up for about a year afterward. I don’t think the stylist had much experience with my kind of hair. She was new, worked in a fancy salon, and I didn’t want to get her fired. So I just said very discreetly and pointed to my bangs “Demasiado aqui” and told her it was okay. Maybe taking a huge section at the front of the head like that, twisting it, and then snipping it right off is the thing to do, but it sure didn’t work for me.

7. Likes anng3, Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had never had a blow out before getting my hear done in the DR. Definitely not a girly girl here so it was only cause I was forced to for my brother's wedding in POP. I could have done the same thing with my straightener in 5 minutes. But it was fine.

My only issue was the EYEBROWS!! I have what I consider to be fairly normal eyebrows. I get them plucked every so often but that's the extent of their upkeep. Before my brother's wedding, the lady in the spa at our hotel in the DR spent 30 minutes just on my eye brows - never letting me look. Finally, as we were running crazy late, I insisted that I see them. She had DRAWN big crazy eyebrows over top of my brows and I looked like I belonged in the Angry Birds movie!!! I had them wiped off immediately and bolted out of there!

9. Likes Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I avoid hairdressers here like the plague. The blow drying singes your scalp - total torture, and last time I went here, the hairdresser had chicken pox she said, so she could cut my hair, but not blow dry as you can't blow dry with chicken pox apparently. She did a decent job - and 2 weeks later I went down with shingles!

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

11. Likes Jelly, keepcoming liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I should be ashamed to admit that it actually pleases me to shock my inlaws by avoiding the salon like the plague...and being wash and go like so many of you here!

Hadn't heard the blowdrying with chicken pox no no before...but shall add it to that list of 'hard-to-wrap-my-head-around-things'!

13. Likes Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ayyy the eyebrow thing. I have yet to figure out the "painted on" eyebrows that some find so attractive. Going to the salon has never been one of the my favorite things to do. I can not tell you how many times I have left the salon only to go home and undo what they have done. God forbid a quick trim. And please do not let me get started on the wax job. Never and I repeat never again...lol

15. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I think I need to get you started on the wax job hahaha. Reading your post it dawned on me that while I have seen my sisters in law both pre and post wax, I have never heard or seen how it is done. I am now intrigued.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Blowouts left my scalp hurting and my hair didn’t tolerate them. I can’t imagine how any hair type stays healthy having that amount of heat and stress applied once or twice a week.

On a more positive note, I got these clip in hair extensions made for my wedding. My hair isn’t very thick, but there’s a lot of it. I thought they wouldn’t work and would slide out and look terrible. The Dominicana stylist who did my hair was a true wizard and made my hair do exactly what we wanted. She was not gentle or soft by any means and my scalp hurt, but I loved my hair. She’s in the States now but I still follow her on Instagram.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234