breville espresso machine fixing

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have breville dual boiler espresso machine that is giving us problems. sometimes it makes the coffee like it should but most of the time it gives weird sounds and does not brew. it can take several tries to make it work.

does anyone know any place or a person who'd be able to fix it? we are in PP but can take or send the machine as far as SD if need be.

thanks for any help/advice.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Did you try with Kitchen Center, in SD but they are also in Santiago. They sell the brand and are supposed to be a high end store, which should giver after sales service for the brands they sell. 

Else maybe Molina. 

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sure it's not the hard water clogging things ??

usually my problems are that...

vinegar and water flush ......... says my manual

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I have a Jura machine that you buy these tablets to clean boiler ,works great... go online if the vinegar doesn’t work try them 
Sounds like your boiler is clogged :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks guys for suggestions so far. as far as the clogging, we always used special cleaning pills recommended for this machine.

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
I have an espresso machine - the brand is DeLonghi. Maybe it works different than yours, however I had a problem with the water - it did not come out with enough pressure to make a decent coffee. It just made noises and almost nothing happened. I found out that the machine has a tiny spring behind the nossle where the water comes out. If you turn the machine upside down you might be able to open the screw that keeps the nossle in place. At the same time you can clean the rubber ring inside the middle. Well, this tiny spring has another tiny rubber knop attached to it. In my case this litlle knop was out of place. I cleaned and put everything back in place and the machine works again.
I don't know if you understand anything of what I am saying :laugh:
You might also need to change some of the rubber parts and I found parts on EBay.

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Another suggestion is to talk to Salvatore in Rest. Las Palmas. I know there is an Italian guy selling and reparing espresso coffeemaschines and I guess Salvatore will know who that guy is and where to find him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, thanks! excellent ideas! i will have miesposo check the machine, he will understand what you're talking about.

we had delonghi machine before too. after breville started giving us issues we bought gaggia classic and so far so good but breville was super nice and i would like to bring it back to working condition.
bless ya.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We’re on our second Saeco automatic espessso machine, and love the brand.  We bought our son and daughter in law the same model we have, and nothing but trouble.  They bought a Breville and they love it, has a grinder attached but not automatic.  I think the coffee is tastier than from ours, and if this one dies we’ll probably switch.  The descaling is very important, and reading this thread has reminded me that we’re way overdue.  

Hope you get it repaired, makes great coffee!