Thread: Upholstery Foam in the Bavaro-Higuey area?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Upholstery Foam in the Bavaro-Higuey area?

I am looking for suitable foam rubber material for stuffing cushions for a couple of outdoor chairs that my wife made Sunbrella Material covers for. Are there any vendors that anyone know-of in PC-Higuey area that would carry such an animal. Many thanks in advance!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea if they have some but you could try at Merlys Merceria in Plaza el Tronco in Friusa. They sell a lot of different stuff so if they don't carry it they at least might point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There's at least one upholsterer in Veron. I can't remember exactly where but it was recommended by Casa Holanda, so it may be worth asking there.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Before the bridge in Higuey leaving Otra Banda there is a mattress/ furniture maker on the right hand side of the road. It's across the street from the gasoline station. The station was a Shell but it changed to a Total.
    I don't recall there name but they sell everything. If the don't have it there they have a fabric store in Higuey as well.
    Hope this helps.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses. Appreciated!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Before the bridge in Higuey leaving Otra Banda there is a mattress/ furniture maker on the right hand side of the road. It's across the street from the gasoline station. The station was a Shell but it changed to a Total.
    I don't recall there name but they sell everything. If the don't have it there they have a fabric store in Higuey as well.
    Hope this helps.

I think they are ( or were) called M&C Colchoneria SRL ...we bought a white "leather" sofa cama from them back in 2012 ...and it's still going strong . The IKEA sofa bed we bought at the same time died years ago . Melphis's directions are spot on , you can't miss them ( assuming that they are still in business) . If my memory serves me well ...they are a small  factory...so you will see all the foam rubber materials you need there . 

Also , there is a small upholstery shop in Veron - after the cruz , turn left at the doble via - and you should see the shop on your left...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who assisted me with this quest...found the ideal foam material at the M&C Colchoneria SRL in Higuey. It was worth the car trip over there from PC to get it--they were very helpful and easy to deal with. They even cut the foam into the appropriate shape to match my wife's paper template of the cushion covers--no charge! Again, thanks to everyone for their assistance! The cushions look fantastic!

8. Likes KateP liked this post