Surgery in the Domincan Republic

bjaymack75

Nov 30, 2017
Hello Ladies, I new to this app so I'm not quite sure how to use or post! Long question short... thinking about going to Santiago D.R. to get lipo, tummy tuck and a few other things you could please give (SAFE)... great recommendation, I would appreciate this!

Thank you

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Dr Rubio has office and operates from HOMS.  I have personal experience with him.  i predict he will more expensive than some but its your body,- do not go to such extensive surgery on price alone!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
A number of women have died here getting such surgery, do lot´s of homework.

I would definitely stay away from small "private clinics" in this country.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dr. Rubio, (first name Nelson) is a long-established plastic surgeon with a huge practice of satisfied patients.

He is very well known and respected in his field as well as a person. HOMS has one of the very best ORs in the region (Caribbean).

Come down, see what he has to say. Then make your choice.

Low-balling is what has cost the lives of a few patients who seek out the cheapest, rather than the most experienced doctor.

Cordially,

HB

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Gather as much information as you can. Have you ever been to the Dominican Republic? As Hillbilly posted come down and speak with the physicians, see where the procedure would take place, etc...

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
A friend got scared very badly here the Dr was a butcher very sad i had never seen anything like it.  

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A week or so ago I watched this interesting interview in Spanish of one of the most respected Dominican plastic surgeon. I think he’s based in the capital.

Anyway, they touch everything regarding plastic surgery in the DR, from how to choose a qualified surgeon to how many types of procedures are done. 

I think watching this interview is a must for anyone thinking about plastic surgery in the DR. The only negative is that the video is in Spanish only and no English subtitles.

[video=youtube;31apjDRLKOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31apjDRLKOw[/video]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my SIL had plastic surgery last december, joining almost all of the other women in the family who get a bit of help because they are too lazy to move and too greedy to reduce food intake. there were no issues and all fixed areas look pretty good. much improvement from before. good surgeon can do small miracles. of course she still does not even do as much as walk 100 meters but hey, there's always more surgery.