Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: renwel of residency

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ALL. we are more than 30 days out but will begin to gather the paperwork again, it sounds as if nothing is new fromlast year.  Thanks

jan

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know of a web site where you can get your residency insurance on line with proof of insurance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janlindy View Post
    does anyone know of a web site where you can get your residency insurance on line with proof of insurance.
    Check with the insurance company you are going to use. Last year I used La Comercial de Seguros and they emailed me a copy so I could upload it on the DGM website. However, you still have to pick up the original and bring that with you to DGM.

4. Likes janlindy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone help me with this site------ http://dominicanadeseguros.com/site/domigrex/----I used google translate ---my problem is when it ask about country of origin there is no USA, in any form ??????? so I can't complete the form, and can not figureout what I'm doing wrong..... need a few more brain cells working.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to be insulting, but did you look for "USA"? In Spanish it would be Estados Unidos or E.E.U.U.

7. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried google translate and spanish neither showed up.
    will try a different insurance co.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a specific need about my permanent residency renewal. My residency expires April 24, 2018. I am making a trip back to the US for my 50th high school reunion the weekend before that and I want to stay at least a week afterwards, which means after my residency expires. I can't renew early enough to have a new card by the time I leave and if I wait till after I return I will not be a resident when i return, which means I might need a return airline ticket etc. HELP? Ideas...or am I worrying needlessly.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the same problem last august. No hassle

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by janlindy View Post
    The residency insurance is for first time applicants for a provisional residency. There is an insurance agency, La Comercial de Seguro, on calle Heroes de Luperon at the street intersections diagonally opposite the general parking area of Migracion. You can purchase a policy, make sure the company stamp, date, and vendor signature is on the original. Request the office to make a few photocopies for you. Making photocopies outside the office. you pay for the copies.

Regards,

PJT

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe migracion provides a 45 day window after expiration to renew. What is means is you need to manage your calendar to submit yourself and paperwork to migracion to allow you to have a residency card in hand before the end of the 45 day window.

Other posters please jump in to confirm this policy.

Regards,

PJT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast