Christmas tip for workers in a community

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Will be my first Christmas in DR in a community where I own a house.

What is the typical tip for Christmas to give to workers working for the community such as security guards ,...
I will take care of my worker following the standard 13 month as a Christmas bonus.

Thank you .

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Will be my first Christmas in DR in a community where I own a house.

What is the typical tip for Christmas to give to workers working for the community such as security guards ,...
I will take care of my worker following the standard 13 month as a Christmas bonus.

Thank you .

Basically the Salary 13 for the workers with a whole year, workers with less than 1 year the calculation es all months salary divided in 12. in formal companies usually they prepare a basket with apples, grapes, candies, etc.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Another thing I do is liquidate them very year....
It's actually their money - in escrow-- and a future debt for the employer -- which I don't want to carry.

Keeps them in funds and erases my future obligation...
Good time to terminate... end of year if you are changing.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It's actually their money - in escrow-- and a future debt for the employer -- which I don't want to carry.

Thats best, to liquidate every year, by the time you dont want them anymore the diference to pay will be not very big.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
My complex is 40 units. Every year before Christmas I’ve given each security guard a handshake with a 1000 pesos bill in it and wish them Felix Navidad.  They seem appreciative. Not sure what others here do? 

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Felix Navidad? They probably thought you were introducing yourself. This year try Feliz Navidad.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

What keeps them from saying you never paid them ? And is this a legal remedy
?
My friend fired his long-term maid for stealing. He paid the termination money and she filed a claim saying she never got it. But he not only had the paper she signed for the funds, but had her recorded on the security video receiving the termination money, so he won before the judge. But what a hassle.
He also had her on video stealing the money from his drawer, which is why he fired her.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What keeps them from saying you never paid them ? And is this a legal remedy
?
My friend fired his long-term maid for stealing. He paid the termination money and she filed a claim saying she never got it. But he not only had the paper she signed for the funds, but had her recorded on the security video receiving the termination money, so he won before the judge. But what a hassle.
He also had her on video stealing the money from his drawer, which is why he fired her.

We take our terminated employee to the labour office and give the money to the labour personel and they give it to them and make them sign for it. That way we have the paperwork and the witness that they have received their due.