Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106
  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post GETTING OLD HERE...GOOD STUFF

    I plan on being cared for here... one day... in my old, infirm state when it grips me.

    My feeling is the people are sympathetic enough to care for you...
    especially if you have a good history with them.

    I went to the dentist today... regular clean/checkup

    New girl on the counter.

    As I'm squaring up at the end , she stops dead and stands up.

    Stares at my shirt and grabs her scissors !!

    I had one of those loose threads on a button hole... sticking out.
    She had to stop and fix it... regardless.

    Just reinforced my sentiments that care would be forthcoming when needed.

    I hope I'm right !!!???!!!

    Only in the DR.......
    Feel good story for the day, for me

  2. Likes zoomzx11, westcan, JDFriend liked this post
  3. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    leave it to you WW, too funny.........

  4. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not the same dentist - Bird
    Just my Sosua clean girl....

    They find me Bird....

    I run but can't hide.....

    AND !! I had my fly done up....how bout that !!???

  5. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If a person becomes unable to care for himself due to old age, what is the typical cost for a caregiver to come to your home and for nursing home care in DR? Where I live in USA, it's $20 (US) per hour for in-home care giver and about $100,000 (US) per year for nursing home care. These prices are typical for reputable and licensed entities.

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcdmps View Post
    If a person becomes unable to care for himself due to old age, what is the typical cost for a caregiver to come to your home and for nursing home care in DR? Where I live in USA, it's $20 (US) per hour for in-home care giver and about $100,000 (US) per year for nursing home care. These prices are typical for reputable and licensed entities.
    I don't think anyone can answer that with reliability here. There are no "licensed" individuals or facilities that I am aware of in the DR to which to make comparisons versus the US.

    Each individual will currently choose his own path when the time comes. The subject has been discussed as a potential revenue stream in the DR, but so far there does not seem to be such an industry.

  7. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I don't think anyone can answer that with reliability here. There are no "licensed" individuals or facilities that I am aware of in the DR to which to make comparisons versus the US.

    Each individual will currently choose his own path when the time comes. The subject has been discussed as a potential revenue stream in the DR, but so far there does not seem to be such an industry.
    Good!
    The system in Nova Scotia is free for Nursing Homes ... paid for with taxes.
    I too am studying old age care for the time when it falls upon me.
    At 75 I recon I will require some basic care at 80 ; and more direct care at 85.
    The Dominican people I know are so very caring for the elders.
    They respect them, look after their needs and spend quality time with them. Not in a N.S. Gov. funded Nursing Home.
    WW not sure how young you are , but I think you got a good view of potential care.

    I have an old friend here in RD who turns 103 on 24 December... lives alone in El Campo... always someone at his place talking to him, feeding him, doing laundry and ensuring he keeps well.
    My kind of people.
    Russell

  8. Likes jinty05, bob saunders, Ecoman1949 liked this post
  9. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is the reason the family module is so important within the RD. When you reach your senior years, it is a time-honoured tradition that your family provides for you, regardless of the circumstances.

  10. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    This is the reason the family module is so important within the RD. When you reach your senior years, it is a time-honoured tradition that your family provides for you, regardless of the circumstances.
    That is good to hear. I was just reading an article that in Japan that time honored tradition has broken down and that, sadly, elderly Japanese are dying alone and left rotting for weeks.

  11. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can only speak of the RD, not Japan.

  12. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcdmps View Post
    That is good to hear. I was just reading an article that in Japan that time honored tradition has broken down and that, sadly, elderly Japanese are dying alone and left rotting for weeks.
    A link to the article please.....

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •