Hotel Guest Policies

Tony

Mar 19, 2002
I'm a single American businessman going to SD shortly. I haven;t been there in a while and I would like to find out the latest on hotel policies regarding visitors. When Im not working I like to get out and enjoy the nightlife. I like to stay at good hotels like Jaragua, Melia, Intercontinental. I like to have a good time and I will stay elsewhere if necessary. I'm open to suggestions....Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check the individual guest policy at these hotels beforehand. I would think restrictions apply. If you plan to invite a non-registered guest up to your room, yes, you probably should look into booking with one of the smaller hotels that do not have restrictions.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Tony said:
I'm a single American businessman going to SD shortly. I haven;t been there in a while and I would like to find out the latest on hotel policies regarding visitors. When Im not working I like to get out and enjoy the nightlife. I like to stay at good hotels like Jaragua, Melia, Intercontinental. I like to have a good time and I will stay elsewhere if necessary. I'm open to suggestions....Thanks

Assuming you don't mean fellow men friends to drink beer and play dominoes I think you would find the hotels listed plus all all-inclusives ( even in Boca Chica, yes) would eschew itinerant female visitors.

The A-I's mainly because they (the guests) would eat and drink for free and a bit of the "family" class nature of them. If you have a "girlfriend" I am pretty sure you would be able to register them as guests of the hotel for the time you are staying and of course, pay the freight for that and they would be as eligible as any other person to stay with you.

I know occasionally from tourists I have met and chatted with in Boca Chica that this is quite common at Hamaca, but it is as much as US$60 a night more, though I am sure you can haggle on just how much is appropriate.

As for other hotels I have observed men with shall we say, short term visitors ( like an hour) , no doubt for Spanish lessons or fahsion tips for the men's wives at home have had to leave their cedula ( official ID) with the front desk until leaving - to prove legal age and I suppose prevent petty theft.

For your interest in Santo Domingo proper I would have to imagine many smaller hotels would do the latter vs. go through the formalities of officially registering someone you meet and "get lucky" with.

You may want to try the Palacio, I hear it is discreet, not too expensive and very nicely redone inside and tolerates companions of adults as a normal type of recreation that is not their concern. Well located vis-a-vis El Conde too.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
If you meet "Night life" you mighgt want to stay at a Hotel like the Scotia on Durate or Hotel Independencia in front of the Parque Independecia, or Hotel Moderno, these hotels rent by the Hours and you can take her to a room that dosent have all your personal stuff. these Hotel also rent to mancer(all nite) real reasonable Domincan Style they even serve Beer theu the intercome . There are also wonderfull Cabanas around to. Lots of fun Ive heard dont know drom personal experciance of course....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Assuming this fellow is more a tourist/gringo than a native

I'd be inclined to find a hotel worthy of staying in and ensure guests are not inappropriate than consider a by the hour joint or a cabana. From discussion, not experience of course.