View Poll Results: Should Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo be allowed to run for the presidency in 2020?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's a Dominican and isn't responsible for this things his grandfather did.

38 74.51%
  • Yes, but I'm not too comfortable having him as president.

2 3.92%
  • No, he's a Trujillo. 'Nuff said!

8 15.69%
  • Whatever... I'm indifferent.

3 5.88%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo: Next Presidente of Dominican Republic?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody tell me why Ramfis doesn't appear in any of the Presidential polls that have been published? Has he officially declared?

I can tell you that almost every Dominican we know or are related to in the USA says they're going to vote for Ramfis. Except our shipping/mundanza guy. He's still a Hipolito guy.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Can anybody tell me why Ramfis doesn't appear in any of the Presidential polls that have been published? Has he officially declared?

I can tell you that almost every Dominican we know or are related to in the USA says they're going to vote for Ramfis. Except our shipping/mundanza guy. He's still a Hipolito guy.
    Because He win in all, and still they are talking about if he has the rights to be a candidate for Presidential elections.

3. Likes cavok liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Because He win in all, and still they are talking about if he has the rights to be a candidate for Presidential elections.
    I thought that was settled. Didn't they say that at least one former Dominican president [Leonel? Hipolito? I can't remember] was also a dual Dominican-USA citizen?

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was settled. Didn't they say that at least one former Dominican president [Leonel? Hipolito? I can't remember] was also a dual Dominican-USA citizen?
    No, they are still talking about it, Ramfis said he will talk about it when the moment comes. The one you mean is Leonel Fernandez but nothing proof yet about it.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ramfis mostly appears in open polls, not closed ones.

In case anyone doesn´t know the difference, an open poll consist of a question but the answer depends completely on the participant. A closed poll, which are the ones on DR1, consist of a question and gives a limited number of answers for the participant to choose from.
    Moderator Polls Forum

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is allowed to run, and something like another financial crisis occurs, Ramfis could win. Early poll numbers mean nothing. Without some kind of crisis, I doubt nostalgia for El Jefe (such as it is) would be enough to propel him into office.

8. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it will be any nostalgia for his grandfather that will get him elected. Dominicans are tired of the same "old guard" politicians and want change - something new. Ramfis is a "fresh face". He's got a certain charisma that the old guard doesn't have. They're afraid of him because they know he can win.

10. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I don't think it will be any nostalgia for his grandfather that will get him elected. Dominicans are tired of the same "old guard" politicians and want change - something new. Ramfis is a "fresh face". He's got a certain charisma that the old guard doesn't have. They're afraid of him because they know he can win.
    I agree with you.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Agree

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011