View Poll Results: Should Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo be allowed to run for the presidency in 2020?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's a Dominican and isn't responsible for this things his grandfather did.

37 75.51%
  • Yes, but I'm not too comfortable having him as president.

2 4.08%
  • No, he's a Trujillo. 'Nuff said!

7 14.29%
  • Whatever... I'm indifferent.

3 6.12%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo: Next Presidente of Dominican Republic?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenmar237 View Post
    None of that means that at any point in his life he did not obtain U.S. citizenship and his statements “denying” this seem very murky and left up to one’s own interpretation. In either case, Hipolito, while a very entertaining character, is very sketchy and I’m a little curious as to why you go out of your way to defend one of the worst presidents the DR has ever had.
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I don't see at all how Dolores is going out of her way to defend Hipolito Mejia at all. If anything according to the timeline (I'm assuming she researched) she is simply stating the facts. At least this is what I see.

2. Likes bienamor, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR_DEFENDER View Post
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I don't see at all how Dolores is going out of her way to defend Hipolito Mejia at all. If anything according to the timeline (I'm assuming she researched) she is simply stating the facts. At least this is what I see.
    Which facts? She was totally incorrect with regard to Ramfis ineligibility to run for president and has not provided any solid proof to demonstrate Leonel's U.S. citizenship claims are false; with regard to Hipolito's citizenship, I agree it's not very clear but I am honest about my inclination to believe that he does have it as I find him to be very sleazy and it is not uncommon for heads of state to have more than one citizenship to facilitate an exile should it be necessary, among other "benefits".

Additionally, for anyone questioning my defense of Ramfis candidacy, let me make myself very clear: I believe he is the best choice right now to deal with the biggest threats facing the DR right now in terms of corruption, threats to our sovereignty, culture, existence as a people, etc., and Iappreciate his U.S. upbringing and perspectives as well as his being a fresh face to the usual 'palate' of politicos that have been the M.O. in the DR since the days of after his grandfather's regime.
    Last edited by jenmar237; 05-25-2018 at 09:24 AM.

4. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hipólito Mejía recognizes the fundamentals behind Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo's popularity. In essence, its the fault of Dominican politicians for the way they have governed the country and he includes himself in that. He said that Dominican politicians are a national frustration.

Moderator Polls Forum

6. Likes jenmar237, Caonabo liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Israel possibly supports Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo, because his father saved thousands of Jews during the Holocaust. At least, that's what this is lead to believe in this Jewish dinner.

Will Israel offer help, in case Ramfis becomes president, in border controls?

This video is in English.

Moderator Polls Forum

8. Likes jenmar237, JDJones, Caonabo liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Roughly a week ago Ramfis was interviewed in a staple of Dominican morning programs, Telematutino 11.

Moderator Polls Forum

10. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910