Buying a Car

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So I have been chasing a couple of cars on SuperCarros....
If you think those don't sell - think again...
they go fast.

One - count'em ONE- guy writes back to my inquiry.
So I lay out the specs....
Max price
Miles range
Etc

He sends me everything outside my specs....
READ AGAIN !!!!

They do sell these cars - and FAST !!!

I will keep tabs...
In no rush --

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm fiddling at this point...

I ahver spoken to him before but never when in the market

Plus -- I have a trade

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Trade is a bad idea. If a dealer takes it you are getting robbed. Sell it privately.

Jan 9, 2004
they go fast.

Max price
Miles range
Etc

READ AGAIN !!!!

I will keep tabs...
In no rush --

Spent the day in Moca with two car dealer clients and they indicate they are moving cars at a fairly good pace both new and used. Note that it is December a usually good time of year for car dealers.

I imagine the same in Santo Domingo as well.....but will have a better handle on sales there  when I visit with some dealers on Wednesday and Thursday.

The cars you see on many of the smaller lots give the impressiion that nothing is selling....as they seem to have the same vehicles there forever. But lots of those car lots are really laundromats.....and no one is in any hurry to sell.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2 

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
KIA has a new car out called Stinger. It has 255 HP 4 or a 365 HP twin turbo charged and is supposed to be a competitor to BMW and is faster than a Porsche Panamera (at a fraction of the price).
8 speed automatic paddle shifters and Brembo Brakes
You could be the first in DR to have it.

[video=youtube;aLlBGVVVaDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlBGVVVaDM[/video]

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
The difference? It ain't a porsche or bimmer. Its a stinkin KIA! Put me in a MAN's car, not some souped up rice-burner.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Selling my Peugeot 307 this month and Hyundai Santa Fe the next. Hope some people kept their ‘doble’.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Going to Moca to find used pickup truck

Can anyone recommend good car dealers in Moca?

Looking for a sturdy, reliable, easily maintained used pickup.

What prices are being asked for different makes and models, 5 yrs old?

Any suggestions please?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Can anyone recommend good car dealers in Moca?

Looking for a sturdy, reliable, easily maintained used pickup.

What prices are being asked for different makes and models, 5 yrs old?

Any suggestions please?

I would be careful buying anything used in Moca. My experience was that many used car dealers just wanted to sell you a vehicle with hidden problems. Buyer beware!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I would be careful buying anything used in Moca. My experience was that many used car dealers just wanted to sell you a vehicle with hidden problems. Buyer beware!

i posted on that very score some months ago, and was taken to task by a poster here who thinks Moca is a good place to buy a used car. Baloney!! the place is crawling with overpriced junk, and shady cats.

a guy whom i helped to buy a car looked at a Prado in Moca, and loved it. he asked me to go look at it, just to give my seal of approval. the car sucked , big time. the seller realized i was not impressed, and told me to tell the prospective buyer that the car was fantastic, and he woud have 25,000 pesos set aside for me if i made the deal go through.

no trips to Moca for me. why go there, when you can go to Santiago?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Reminds me of a time when a poster used to recommend Moca as the place to go. Now we know better.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Reminds me of a time when a poster used to recommend Moca as the place to go. Now we know better.

there was a time when Moca was the place to go. it had a reputation of being the place to buy a used car. it just is no longer what it used to be. i got two cars out of there, and i am never going back...my final trips were a waste of time.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Are we talking about the larger car dealers in Moca that only sell cars imported from the US, or smaller private cars dealers?

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Thanks to the gorgon for his expertise and experience. I/we will follow thru with his advice and personal service.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Are we talking about the larger car dealers in Moca that only sell cars imported from the US, or smaller private cars dealers?

Moca has some big boys, like Turin, and a few others. they have good cars, but they are no bargain. the other guys that line the main drag are a waste of time..

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
they go fast.

Max price
Miles range
Etc

READ AGAIN !!!!

I will keep tabs...
In no rush --
Good luck Bill. I'm in the same boat. Either going to go to PP or SD to buy one. I'm looking for a small SUV, 2009 or later, 15k or so.

Let me know if you see anything. CRV, Rav4, Escape, etc.