Cellular Number Lookup?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Anyone know of a way to determine which cellular network a particular telephone number is associated with?

Thx.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Anyone know of a way to determine which cellular network a particular telephone number is associated with?

Thx.

Dificult to now because here you can take your number with you when you switch company. By the sound we can determinate mostly or the intercept recording that tells your call will be bill after the tone.

This is the only way we could know.
Altice sounds like a long beep, not a ring like Claro and VIVA.
VIVA has a regular ring but their system let ring only 3 times before intercept warning about charges.
Claro has a regular ring but their system let ring more than 3 times before intercept warning about charges.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Try to top up with 25 pesos in one of the Banca places (used for lottery etc.), if it is not the correct network it will be rejected and the girl at the kiosk will tell you (why are they all girls by the way - some gender discrimination there !!! lol).

Also I hope you find a patient one as I found them to be very impatient and like they are doing me a huge favor - as there is no tip .... !

(Actually, you can try one of the top up machines, but their minimum is 50 pesos.... )

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm on a plan so I don't get those intercept warnings about charges. I knew there was a different ring but I am usually so excited that the phone I'm calling is ringing that I fail to notice the difference. Besides, ringing is only the first hurdle, "can they hear me" is the next concern. :)

Ding.com seems to be the most robust solution offered but still a p.i.a. One would think there could be a spot on the company's website where you enter a number and it comes back, "yep that's one of ours".

Thx for the suggestions.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I'm on a plan so I don't get those intercept warnings about charges. I knew there was a different ring but I am usually so excited that the phone I'm calling is ringing that I fail to notice the difference. Besides, ringing is only the first hurdle, "can they hear me" is the next concern. :)

The intercept is by law, thats the name of the recording telling you before forward your call to the voice mail that after the tone your call will be bill. This apply for all fixed lines and cellphone numbers with voice mail active, not matter what plan it's.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The intercept is by law, thats the name of the recording telling you before forward your call to the voice mail that after the tone your call will be bill. This apply for all fixed lines and cellphone numbers with voice mail active, not matter what plan it's.

TPAGO will tell you if a number doesn't belong to the network you indicate when you do a "recarga"