Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What are Dominican woman like? What are Dominican man like?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Great for you.

There is Russ and his girl Sonia. Cool. He is holding it down. But the reality of the situation is Sonia got girlfriends and they want the same thing for themselves and they dont have the same sincerity as Sonia does.
    That is why I say dont do it.

Whatever you are getting we will.meet the same women who want to offer less and expect more. They want what Sonia has. They dont have the personality or patience or interest to cultivate what she did with you at all. Just pie in the sky dreams about someone paying them to live the good life

So I say Dont do it.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Agree with you on this USN. The new generation in part is interested in results and not the process. The google generation is used to instant gratification, so taking the time to build is a foreign concept to many of them.  Female Hypergamy also has a lot to do with some of the young women attitudes.  Many females are always looking to upgrade their lifestyle at any cost, but it is more intensified in an economically challenged environment.  The combination of instant gratification and economic challenges lead some of these women to be somewhat opportunistic in their dealings with men. I will not place the entire blame on the women, because as men we also need to realistic when dealing with these women.  If there is a 20 year or more age difference between you and you are not looking Sly or JC VanDamme, then you must know that after knowing her for just one week, she is not truly in love with you as she might profess! “A fool and his money shall soon part” Russell has done well, but by the sound of it, he has also had his share of fugazis, before finding his true Diamond.

2. Likes Ecoman1949 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superpana View Post
    Hey Russell I find your actions quite noble, but don’t you ever feel taken advantage of? I have had some experiences with Dominicans as well, and I don’t mind lending a helping hand, but it seems that once their sibling is married to a Gringo or Gringa, they are entitled to lean on that sibling for every little thing and end up abusing the generosity shown by that person.  It is one thing to help someone who is really trying to stand on their own, but I have seen many who spend the cash on trivial stuff instead of paying the rent or putting some food in their fridge.  I almost get the feeling they are more concerned with acquiring material items such as Jordans, the latest IPhone, name brand bags or clothing, to project a certain image to the barrio, but the following week, the lights get cut off! It is like the old saying “ Give a man a fish, and he will eat for that day.....Teach him to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life” Is it not better to teach fishing and build independence as opposed to having to feed abled bodies daily? Not judging, but just trying to make sense of Gringos who think it is cool to take on the entire immediate family responsibility? I know a few Dominicans here in the states, that try not to call home that often simply to avoid their relatives hitting them up for money and other items. Generosity is cool, but get everyone gets a bit weary after a while.
    As you all are aware we seldom state the whole story, sometimes just too boring.
    My lifes' work has been in the Micro Economic Development . That is to say assessing good small business opportunities in third and fourth world conditions . here in RD we are working on several initiatives that will propel several families out of poverty and into a lower middle class lifestyle. The rest is up to them.
    The old Father-in-law was very appreciative of my assistance. So he gave us his 15 Acre farm, all legal and titled. My Wife , who is Dominican (Remember the subject of the thread?) asked what I wanted to do with the farm; for now I have a few ideas, but we willed it to our two children and rent it out to another farmer for grazing in the meantime.
    Since then yet another family member granted us yet another 7 acres attached to the original farm.... now 22 acres.
    When I was not well with chikengunya (I think thats the spelling) I could not have asked for better care and treatment even though the encephalitis made be a bit testy!! (To say the least).
    My company also works in 14 other countries consulting in small business opportunities. Even have Micro-lending Circles operating in a few. Folks in other third world countries are not much different than RD. But the Women here are much easier to get to know, much friendlier...in a good way! I have walked in to many other peoples shoes than to criticize anyone else.
    If one finds themselves in a compromising position with a Dominican Woman then blame nobody but yourself... poor lack of judgment. As for me I love this place and its people; and plan to end my days here. Thats enough I am out of this thread. Happy New Year everyone.
    Russell

4. Likes Ecoman1949, rfp, Superpana liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I chuckle when I hear any man say he "knows" wimminzes.

I chuckle when I hear any man point fingers at Dominican wimminzes as "golddiggers" when that subspecies is prevalent in huge numbers in any culture or society that has wimminzes.

I chuckle when I hear any man criticize another man for his choices of how to spend his time, emotions and money vis-a-vis wimminzes.

I chuckle when the truth of the matter is that men who claim to pontificate about knowing wimminzes may be the most clueless of all based on their lifetime of unsuccessful relationships with wimminzes.

I chuckle when a man uses the term "wimminzes."

6. Likes bob saunders, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the overarching generalizations and stereotyping in this thread make me want to vomit. Do you all live in Sosua, moved there to find yourself a local hottie who will love your saggy love handles and balding crown as you retire on the beach into the "good life"? I'm in Santo Domingo, and perhaps I've been exposed to only a fine slice of Dominican life here, but I've met many Dominican women who are intelligent, educated self-starters who work hard for their money - in an office, not the street. They're cosmopolitan and not a whole lot different than women I know in the US. Perhaps this is a "big city only" viewpoint, but I feel someone on this thread needs to pay lip service to the fact that not all Dominicanas are from the barrio, desperately looking for a sugar daddy to pump for their money.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this thread just became a Simp Workshop.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    As you all are aware we seldom state the whole story, sometimes just too boring.
    My lifes' work has been in the Micro Economic Development . That is to say assessing good small business opportunities in third and fourth world conditions . here in RD we are working on several initiatives that will propel several families out of poverty and into a lower middle class lifestyle. The rest is up to them.
    The old Father-in-law was very appreciative of my assistance. So he gave us his 15 Acre farm, all legal and titled. My Wife , who is Dominican (Remember the subject of the thread?) asked what I wanted to do with the farm; for now I have a few ideas, but we willed it to our two children and rent it out to another farmer for grazing in the meantime.
    Since then yet another family member granted us yet another 7 acres attached to the original farm.... now 22 acres.
    When I was not well with chikengunya (I think thats the spelling) I could not have asked for better care and treatment even though the encephalitis made be a bit testy!! (To say the least).
    My company also works in 14 other countries consulting in small business opportunities. Even have Micro-lending Circles operating in a few. Folks in other third world countries are not much different than RD. But the Women here are much easier to get to know, much friendlier...in a good way! I have walked in to many other peoples shoes than to criticize anyone else.
    If one finds themselves in a compromising position with a Dominican Woman then blame nobody but yourself... poor lack of judgment. As for me I love this place and its people; and plan to end my days here. Thats enough I am out of this thread. Happy New Year everyone.
    Russell
    Damn, I think I should warn your wife about you .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I chuckle when I hear any man say he "knows" wimminzes.

I chuckle when I hear any man point fingers at Dominican wimminzes as "golddiggers" when that subspecies is prevalent in huge numbers in any culture or society that has wimminzes.

I chuckle when I hear any man criticize another man for his choices of how to spend his time, emotions and money vis-a-vis wimminzes.

I chuckle when the truth of the matter is that men who claim to pontificate about knowing wimminzes may be the most clueless of all based on their lifetime of unsuccessful relationships with wimminzes.

I chuckle when a man uses the term "wimminzes."
    I had to chuckle myself.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaRose View Post
    Wow, the overarching generalizations and stereotyping in this thread make me want to vomit. Do you all live in Sosua, moved there to find yourself a local hottie who will love your saggy love handles and balding crown as you retire on the beach into the "good life"? I'm in Santo Domingo, and perhaps I've been exposed to only a fine slice of Dominican life here, but I've met many Dominican women who are intelligent, educated self-starters who work hard for their money - in an office, not the street. They're cosmopolitan and not a whole lot different than women I know in the US. Perhaps this is a "big city only" viewpoint, but I feel someone on this thread needs to pay lip service to the fact that not all Dominicanas are from the barrio, desperately looking for a sugar daddy to pump for their money.
    Reading some of the testimonials within this thread, you can probably surmise as to why. Some succeed in life, others.......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Russell

It is always good to see stories with a positive outcome, since there are more than enough negative ones to go around.  Russell is correct on stating, if you find yourself in a compromising situation with a Dominican woman, then you have no one to blame but yourself.  I would suggest to anyone who wishes to seriously date in D.R. Learn Spanish, Learn the culture, spend quality time building real friendships, and stay out of tourist areas if you are looking for a real woman.  If the intent is pay for play, then ignore my advice and enjoy yourself 

13. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    I think this thread just became a Simp Workshop.

LoL USN  I think I know why you said that. Too much caping for women? I would only label someone a simp if there is no reciprocity from the woman you are involved with, but is she has my back, I will have her back as well.  If we are talking about Chapeadoras/Gold Diggers....then by all means I will have to say you are simping, since that would be an uneven relationship.  Business is simply business, but wifey is another....2 different scenarios, 2 different means of action.  I will admit there is a lot of simping happening on the island, especially when you are approached by a hottie which would never have given you the time of day back home, can you blame some of the guys? Let them enjoy the second half of the game

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast