Dream City Resort Near Puerto Plata Airport?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Anyone know anything about this resort community supposedly being built by the same people that own Ahnvee Resort...?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
You can google it. They are starting it already. Their sales office is located across the street from the large Playero...near the Tropical Restaurant. The plans call for several thousand residences, both affordable and upscale in a huge development. They plan on a large commercial area as well. it will be located between the airport and Sosua Abajo stretching from the main road to the ocean.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They have their office across from Playero in Sosua. It is a "potentially" big development and they told me it was not funded by Scientologists.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I googled it and it looks like a huge development. Scientologists or not, whoever is funding it must have deep pockets. A couple of points: There is a part of the development that is called "affordable housing". Affordable for whom? Surely they won't be letting the "natives" live there. Also, I note there is a McDonald's sign in one part. At least the guests won't have to suffer "foreign" food! :classic::classic:

http://dreamcityresort.com/

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What only a 9-hole golf course ? At least you can hear when your friends plane flys out :D

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I googled it and it looks like a huge development. Scientologists or not, whoever is funding it must have deep pockets. A couple of points: There is a part of the development that is called "affordable housing". Affordable for whom? Surely they won't be letting the "natives" live there. Also, I note there is a McDonald's sign in one part. At least the guests won't have to suffer "foreign" food! :classic::classic:

http://dreamcityresort.com/

The affordable part of the housing is supposed to be for "locals" from what I was told. Time will tell. It is ambitious.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The affordable part of the housing is supposed to be for "locals" from what I was told. Time will tell. It is ambitious.

What's affordable to locals ? Local rich or locals with blisters on their hands ? $40,000 I doubt that

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
The plans call for several thousand residences, both affordable and upscale in a huge development. They plan on a large commercial area as well. it will be located between the airport and Sosua Abajo stretching from the main road to the ocean.

The area that was flooded for 2 weeks in November December of last year ???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
What's affordable to locals ? Local rich or locals with blisters on their hands ? $40,000 I doubt that

bayardo, torre alta, the palms, star hills and plantations are full of locals and some houses there easily cost 10 times more than measly 40k dollars.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DreamCity.jpg

I think it is the area west of Puerto Chiquito and east of the airport at the center of the image on the ocean side.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
bayardo, torre alta, the palms, star hills and plantations are full of locals and some houses there easily cost 10 times more than measly 40k dollars.

Yes and some are beautiful but well out of "affordable" class for locals. Maybe along the lines of the homes near the base before Cangrejo but those are not even affordable to most people.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
is that the area right across from the tenements that are on the left right before you come to airport. those tenements look like an apartment "barrio" and would not be a "safe" area?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
is that the area right across from the tenements that are on the left right before you come to airport. those tenements look like an apartment "barrio" and would not be a "safe" area?

I am "sure" they plan to have security no matter where they are located, but this area may or may not directly across from La Union. Criminals don't need to live directly across from where they rob. Frequently they don't.

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
According to their website, the land starts at the old Sand Castle hotel and goes west from there to the airport.

I'm sure it would be nice to live at the end of the runway.

I wonder who is the owner of all that land? And I've driven back in that area a couple of times. There are houses in that area and we looked at a couple of them that were for sale.

Seeing houses with high fences and razor wire on top turned us off on the deal.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Just a few quick notes;

The land is owned by the bank (government)  and its been a hassle but close
My freind is working on the golf course, will be done in stages (9 then 18 si dos quire)
On the main road is planning a miniature golf and play area with a large waterfall
Some of the big names have committed (for the shopping area), you’ll be impressed
President has given the thumbs up 
I’ve reserved a villa (really)

life is an adventure …..