In need of a A/C repair for auto in POP

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
There is a guy I go to, on Calle 12 de Julio about the fourth house on the left just past the gas station. He doesn't work on it but calls a guy who comes in. Each time it lasts about 8 months then fails again, Same circuit board under the glove compartment. Controls temperature and fan speed. Each time he tells me he needs 1,500 for parts, and each time he brings back a receipt for exactly that amount. LOL Then charges another 1,000 for his work.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
What year, make and model is the car? Ever thing that just maybe there is something about where the temperature control board is mounted under the dash or how is what's shorting it out? Be glad you're here getting the work done instead of the States where the cost would be $200.00 instead of $60.00 for parts and labor. I know a guy Jefri if you're interested, but he will probably want more than the 1,000 pesos you're paying now for labor if you're interested. Ever try googling your issue? Try it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the guy we go to for AC is called rubio (aren't they all?). he is located on manolo tavarez justo, just before ferreteria freddy (from the direction of santiago going inside the city centre). on the same side of the road as freddy's. just before the big junction there is a nameless street on the right going up. right on the corner there is an auto store with tires and car parts. the AC shop is in the back of that place, with entrance from the outside, from that little side street.
i cannot give any better directions or phone number...

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks DV8. I bit the bullet and took it to the regular place 4,000 peso's. I'll keep your directions to the other place fore next time. thanks jstarebel not real sure why you mentioned American prices, though I too would compare that we I first arrived in the DR but no longer. Simply looking for a fair price and good work, thanks.