Backup Generator

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Anyone out here know where I can get a "good, used" 80Kw+ power generator? Looking to buy, not rent. But it needs to be in good shape and pass my mechanic's inspections. Prefer something between Cabrera and Sosua but can trek farther for opportunities.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Not to question what you need but I have a 50Kw that I've never gotten close to using 1/2 it's capacity... even with everything I turn on. I have quite a bit too.

I would entertain selling our well maintained and <100K hours. Cummins diesel, water cooled with auto start/stop. Approx. 15 years old but is still "new" in hours and not even "broke in" yet according to diesel standards. lol

Sosua area.

IF this violates the "for sale" rules for DR1, Please delete this post. Ty.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Anyone out here know where I can get a "good, used" 80Kw+ power generator? Looking to buy, not rent. But it needs to be in good shape and pass my mechanic's inspections. Prefer something between Cabrera and Sosua but can trek farther for opportunities.

80 KW is a lot. Is this for apartments or commercial use ? 25-30KW should back up a typical 100 AMP expat house, incl pool equipment

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Thank you for the replies, but an 80Kw is even smaller than I'd like. I just figured the likelihood of a 100Kw was extremely slim! I do have a rather large property, as Robert alluded, so I'm pretty sure 80Kw is the minimum.

Put the word out, tho, because sometimes hotels and apartments need to sell them. Thank you, all!