Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 most dangerous neighborhoods in Santo Domingo

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Top 5 most dangerous neighborhoods in Santo Domingo

# 5 = Villa Agricolas: this is where "El Mercado Nuevo" is located, gangs with members from different countries like Venezuela, Colombia and Russia fighting to control the area.

# 4 =Cristo Rey : residents of this neighborhood are from the very low class of the city, highest violence and crimes averages of SD city.

# 3 Gualey: Founded on west Ozama River basin in SD in 1957, president trujillo gave this land to people that was relocated from another area of city. This neighborhood is very famous for the "Mercado Negro" Black market, and "Sicarios" Hit mans.

# 2 Los Guandules: With the highest concentration of people living in the worse human condition, no public services,or streets, built on the Ozama river basin of Distrito Nacional.

# 1 Las Cienagas: Most violent neighborhood in the DR. 6 of each 10 death are consequence of crime related to violent assaults & feminicide. This area is controlled by a mafia of corrupts policemen some of them already removed from service due bad conduct.

Stay away from theses areas if visit Santo Domingo city capital of DR.

JJ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

3. Likes bachata liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You forgot to mention Capotillo.
    That's a very dangerous neighborhood too.

5. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of those places are up in the north east corner of the city. Back in 2015 I volunteered at a school in Villa Agricolas. I had no trouble but took measures to avoid it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    # 3 Gualey: Founded on west Ozama River basin in SD in 1957, president trujillo gave this land to people that was relocated from another area of city. This neighborhood is very famous for the "Mercado Negro" Black market, and "Sicarios" Hit mans.
    I've been through Villa Agricolas and Los Guandules several times,
    never had any problems. Cristo Rey (Las Flores) was the first neighborhood
    I lived in here in the Dominican Republic (hence the name), never had any problems.

Never been to Las Cienagas so no opinion.

Gualey?
    If you're not going into this barrio with someone who is not only from there but well-known
    and well-respected, I suggest you avoid going there. Its dangerous.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Please change the title from DR to SD - I got really scared when I saw "Las Cienagas", I thought you mean the one just before Cabarete, thought impossible to get to Cabarete and avoiding that place... ! lol

9. Likes Sosua Sonny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    Please change the title from DR to SD - I got really scared when I saw "Las Cienagas", I thought you mean the one just before Cabarete, thought impossible to get to Cabarete and avoiding that place... ! lol
    yeah agree lol

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    # 5 = Villa Agricolas: this is where "El Mercado Nuevo" is located, gangs with members from different countries like Venezuela, Colombia and Russia fighting to control the area.

# 4 =Cristo Rey : residents of this neighborhood are from the very low class of the city, highest violence and crimes averages of SD city.

# 2 Los Guandules: With the highest concentration of people living in the worse human condition, no public services,or streets, built on the Ozama river basin of Distrito Nacional.

# 1 Las Cienagas: Most violent neighborhood in the DR. 6 of each 10 death are consequence of crime related to violent assaults & feminicide. This area is controlled by a mafia of corrupts policemen some of them already removed from service due bad conduct.

Stay away from theses areas if visit Santo Domingo city capital of DR.

JJ
    You forget San Martin de La Vega, where they have a "escuela de macheteros". In the weekends they terrorize the better neighbourhoods. When I lived there in the ninetees my neighbour had a bastard 18 years old son he had with a woman from there. Every weekend he would show up with friends "cabeza llena de drogas", demanding money with their machetes and punales untill a moment he hurt his own Son with two tiros.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    You forget San Martin de La Vega, where they have a "escuela de macheteros". In the weekends they terrorize the better neighbourhoods. When I lived there in the ninetees my neighbour had a bastard 18 years old son he had with a woman from there. Every weekend he would show up with friends "cabeza llena de drogas", demanding money with their machetes and punales untill a moment he hurt his own Son with two tiros.
    The level of moral depravity in our underclass is without rival globally. I actually did charity work ( I know, embarrassing now that I am an adult) in these neighborhoods. These people will kill you for 500 pesos !!

Stay away and let them wallow in their own misery

13. Likes Fulano2, Sosua Sonny liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    I actually did charity work ( I know, embarrassing now that I am an adult) in these neighborhoods.
    Stay away and let them wallow in their own misery
    Embarrassing to think that you were once a nice person who gave a damn about other people who were less fortunate than you. Nice to see that you have matured beyond this.

15. Likes Fulano2, irishpaddy liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast