Any one using a Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 on WIFI with Claro DSL/WIFI?

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Strange problem. My WIFI works with PC, Laptop and 2 other Apple devices. But the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 does not work on WIFI, it connects and drops lots of time in just minutes and keeps doing it. Two different Claro techs came by the house and neither could figure it out. Any one got this is Claro By the way it works fine at local restaurants. thanks

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I have both a Surface Pro and a MacBook Pro on Claro DSL/WiFi. Surface Pro does seem to have more drops than the MacBook Pro. It could be a driver problem on the Surface Pro 4. I have learned to stick to my Mac and I really don't care for the Surface Pro too much because it is a bit too unstable for me. I know this doesn't help much but atleast you know that you are not suffering alone:D

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
First is it a dual band router (2.4 ghz & 5 ghz)? Because you can try to connect to one of the other frequencies or you can change broadcast channels on the router, if you know how.

I have seen this with cell phones. Turn off the other items in the house that have wifi.
Delete the profile on the WiFi of the Surface Pro and reboot the router and connect the Surface with nothing else (including printers) connected.
Also: Run Command Prompt as Administrator. Type netsh winsock reset and restart the Surface.

Reactions: CristoRey

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I have both the surface pro 3 and the newest surface pro laptop. neither one drops the Wi-Fi. if this is only happening at home, then it's probably a router issue. if it's happening everywhere than Skype Microsoft and have them troubleshoot your issue.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
This isn't a Claro equipment issue if everything else works and connects fine. Probably a firmware upgrade is needed, or the wireless driver on the Surface. I'd also suggest using an external Wifi router with external antennae; you'll get a stronger signal for everything to boot and you can change the wifi password.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I had a problem with the crappy Delancer Chinese router. Everything dropped, TV, Cell Phones, tablets and several laptops.
Bought a Securifi Almond touch screen wireless N range extender. Hard Cat 5 wired to Delancer router, easy setup and no more drops plus better range