Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Residency renewal

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    That was my umderstanding too.

But what caught my attention was, on the internet page on the DGM site, where you choose whatever you want te be doing ( first time temp residency, first time permanemt residency, renewal of temp, renewal of permanemt, etc, etc...... ) you have to choose a location through a scroll menu thingy. There was 5 or 6 options. 2 in SD, 1 in santiago, the others i cant recall.
    So just seems strange they addes this new " feature" if there is no use for it......
    There again "strange" has a whole diffrent definition here

Immigration is allowing applicants to deposit the original documents (after they have been uploaded online and verified) at various offices throughout the country. These original documents are then sent to the main branch of Immigration in Santo Domingo where the applicant will also have to go once the file is approved.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

When I just got my definitiva, I originally planned to apply in Punta Cana and selected it as such when I uploaded my documents. When I got the ok back to deposit my documents, I went to the PC migracion office and was told that it would take 3-4 business days for me to receive the "bill" and with this I would have to go back and pay. About 8 work days later I would receive a date and time in which I would have to go to SD to pick up my card and if I didn't go, that I would have to pay a 1,000 pesos fine. Since I only had about a week left to get everything done or I'd have to wait until mid January to be able to go to SD, I instead went directly to SD (no need to change anything in the system) and did everything in 5 hours. Hope this info helps!

3. Likes malko liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a lot posted about this on another thread. Those whose renewals require a medical can save an extra trip to SD by going to one of the drop-off locations(if closer than SD).

For those who are renewing a temporary, you won't really save any time by starting the process at a drop-off location unless it is only an hour or so round-trip from where you live.

Other posters that did this were still in DGM in SD for a substantial amount of time to get their foto and fingerprints, wait for their residency card, and go to JCE to pick up their cedula.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The dr1 search engine is based on a complex algorithm that mimicks a dominican hive mind....... so I gave up, and will just post it here.

I noticed on the 4th or the 5th of january that my residency expired the 11th...... I was sure it was of february...... but it wasnt ..... testominy to how often a cedula is used

Well it still worked out fine.

Here was the process. Its very easy. renovacion de residencia temporal.

- first of all you go to the DGM website. Must google it. And you login ( or follow the instructions for first timers ).
    You navigate through the menus and choose renovacion de residencia temporal.
    There is a bunch of requisitos, and you have to upload a digital copy on-site ( just take a picture with your phone, no need for a scanner or a computer ).

1.IF you are married to a domincan/a. acto de matrimonio inextenso. Available at your local JCE. 500 pesos.
    It needs to be legalised, which is free, but only available in " big " towns. Instead of going to santiago, i paid an extra 300 pesos, and it was delivered to my house the next day, by motoconcho.

2. certificado de no antecedentes penal. Go to a ban reservas and get the impuesto of 600 pesos
    It is supposedly available online ( google procuderia general de la republica ), and you can pay with a credit card ( a big no-no for me ) or with the 12 # code on your reciept from the ban reservas.
    Assuming on-line works, you get an email with the document.
    Otherwise, go to a palacio de justicia, in santiago for example, hand your tax reciept over, wait 1m30s, and walk out with the document.
    Please note, that even if the DGM website says it needs legalisar o appostillado, IT DOES NOT.

3. Identity photos. 100 pesos anywhere, even in the smallest village. Tamaño 2x2 , white back ground. Face on.

4.copy of your cedula, residencia, passport, and spouses cedula.

5. The reppatriation insurance. I got it from commercial de seguros in santiago. 5500 pesos.

6.A letter written to ask for your renovacion, basically. Another poster had posted a "type-letter" a while back. I just change the date each year lol.

7. Upload all that stuff on the DGM website.

8. Wait a couple of days. When you check mi pagina et says pending evaluacion or something or other

9. When all is OK, still on your pagina, you print out a document, which has your name, your case number, and the DGM address in SD.

10.Do 2 copies of all of the above. So thats 1 original + 2 copies.100 pesos

- OK. So armed with your print-out, all your original documents, and 2 copies of each, head to DGM in SD.
    They will only ask for the originals, not even your passport, cedula, etc....copies. Likewise they will not ask for the letter ( dont ask why its in the requisitos ). Nor will they ask for the idemtity photographs.I WOULD STILL SUGGEST YOU DO BRING EVERYTHING.
    Console yourself by knowing you injected 200 pesos for nothing into your local community.

- first of all go to the front desk. Tell them its for a renovacion. They ask to,see the printout, and they give you a number/ticket.

- then you enter the DGM for foreigners big room. Take a seat on your right. Check the TV screen. When your number comes up, go the ventilla number indicated next to it.
    Now hand over all your originals. The guy/lady checks, hands you a document where you write down your full name, and then sign.
    If you want everything sorted out the same day, say yes to,the VIP question.

- now head over to the other side of the big room ( the left hand side as you come in ).
    Wait to they call you over to 1 of the 3 cajas.
    THIS CAN TAKE UP TO AN HOUR WAITING. DO NOT WORRY.
    when they call you, by name ( watch out for pronunciation ), you will pay the fee 5000 pesos + 1000 if u chose VIP.

- take a seat and wait to they call you, by name, to get the photograph taken.
    Once they do call your name, head back to the entrance, towards a small booth. Hand over your cedula, get a pass in exchange.
    Wait by the security guard.
    Get metal-scanned.
    Walk in the buzz-door.
    Straight on your left, a small room.
    Picture taken. Fingerprints. Eye scan.

- go back out, go to booth, hand over the pass, get cedula back.
    Now go and loiter near the vemtillana 12. After a fashion, they call you over, you sign the ledger + full name and they hand you your new residencia temporal.

6. Likes cavok, nml57 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Important stuff.

For the men, do not wear open shoes ( sandals, flip-flops .....). Common sense, I know, but we saw a guy refused entry.

For the women : make sure your shoulders are covered !!
    My wife gave her jacket to a lady who had an open-shoulder blouse, and, apparently, was having an issue.

8. Likes AAIS liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So now you have your new residencia temporal.
    If like me you hate SD and cities in general, go ASAP, to the JCE for foreigners, next to la plaza de las banderas.
    Easy-peasy.
    Drive along the motorway, thats an extension of the malecon, i guess. Heading towards ( haina, i think ).
    A couple of kilometers down the road, its the 2nd bridge thats over the motorway that serves me as a reminder, and exit on your right on to avenida luperon.
    Drive straight up to la plaza de las banderas go the whole way round it ( its like a gigantic round-about ), back the way you came but facing opposite direction. ( if you see what I mean ).
    1 block down, on your right is the JCE.

Go in, up the stairs.
    Enter first office on the left. Hand over your residencia and old cedula. They will ask for a phone number.
    Head out , over to la caja. Hand over residencia, cedula and the paper they gave you with your phone number.
    Pay 3000 pesos.
    Head over to the picture room.
    Photograh, digital signature and fingerprints.
    Then they print out your informations, and you check amd notify changes.
    Head out and into the waiting room.
    They call you by name, and you stick your index on a fingerprint reader.
    Sit back down.
    2mn later they call you by name and hand over your new cedula.
    Voila !!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So now you have your new residencia temporal.
    If like me you hate SD and cities in general, go ASAP, to the JCE for foreigners, next to la plaza de las banderas.
    Easy-peasy.
    Drive along the motorway, thats an extension of the malecon, i guess. Heading towards ( haina, i think ).
    A couple of kilometers down the road, its the 2nd bridge thats over the motorway that serves me as a reminder, and exit on your right on to avenida luperon.
    Drive straight up to la plaza de las banderas go the whole way round it ( its like a gigantic round-about ), back the way you came but facing opposite direction. ( if you see what I mean ).
    1 block down, on your right is the JCE.

Go in, up the stairs.
    Enter first office on the left. Hand over your residencia and old cedula. They will ask for a phone number.
    Head out , over to la caja. Hand over residencia, cedula and the paper they gave you with your phone number.
    Pay 3000 pesos.
    Head over to the picture room.
    Photograh, digital signature and fingerprints.
    Then they print out your informations, and you check amd notify changes.
    Head out and into the waiting room.
    They call you by name, and you stick your index on a fingerprint reader.
    Sit back down.
    2mn later they call you by name and hand over your new cedula.
    Voila !!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so here is a recap.

800+ 600 + 100 + 100 + 5500 + 6000 + 3000 = 16 100 pesos..... whats that ? 300 € ? Maybe a tad over in $.

THE PROCESS IS REALLY SIMPLE AND PAINLESS.
    You do not need a lawyer, i garantee that.

I did not use a lawyer, ever. Neither for the initial residency ( a bit more complicated, true ) nor for all the renewals ( 4 , if I remember correctly ).

YOU ONLY NEED A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF SPANISH.
    If you can buy stuff in a colmado, you can navigate the residency process....... not joking.

You can bring a person with you. ( we had a recent post, update from DGM that said the opposite ).
    The only thing, is when you are called to the ventenillas, you have to go alone.

Approximate time span :

1 day to get documents togother and upload them on the DGM website.

3-4 days ( was fast this year, last year it was 2 weeks + ) for the response.

Arrived at DGM a bit before 0900, left at around 1100- 1130.

At JCE. 30mn, tops.

So, in one day, for a bit over 300$ , you can renew your temporal rseidency all by yourself.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great information, Malko. Thanks. Just one question for you or anyone else reading this: You still don't need a medical for renewal, do you?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    That's great information, Malko. Thanks. Just one question for you or anyone else reading this: You still don't need a medical for renewal, do you?
    No, not for the renewal of temporary

14. Likes drstock liked this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast