Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Residency renewal

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Residency renewal

Malco,
    I just received my first permanent residency card. Like you, I don’t have a bank account here.

For the solvency part, I uploaded US bank statements, without translation. I have a 2011 car here, it’s possible I uploaded the matricula, but I don’t recall doing so (6+ months ago when I started the process)

No questions on the issue were raised by DGM.

As I recall for my initial residency and a couple of renewals I used a letter from a local as a guarantor.

2. Likes malko liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    Malco,
    I just received my first permanent residency card. Like you, I don’t have a bank account here.

For the solvency part, I uploaded US bank statements, without translation. I have a 2011 car here, it’s possible I uploaded the matricula, but I don’t recall doing so (6+ months ago when I started the process)

As I recall for my initial residency and a couple of renewals I used a letter from a local as a guarantor.
    6 months ? Holy cow ! I hope thats not going to be the same for me !

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Malco,

I am doing the same thing tomorrow. How much was your wait after you clocked in, what was this "last day process", DGM, JCE, DGM or just DGM, JCE?

Can you tell me the steps? Got in, pic taken, got the card or some other steps in between?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    6 months ? !
    Yes that's what it is ...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Residency renewal

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    I am doing the same thing tomorrow. How much was your wait after you clocked in, what was this "last day process", DGM, JCE, DGM or just DGM, JCE?

Can you tell me the steps? Got in, pic taken, got the card or some other steps in between?
    Rubio,
    I just posted the entire process in a new thread. Includes final process, window numbers etc.

Temp to Permanent Residency - a tale of 220 days
    http://https%3A%2F%2Fdr1%2Ecom%2Ffor...0&share_type=t

Note: I started at DGM, got a sealed envelope to go to get my cedula on Avenida Luperon, then had to go back to DGM with copy of the new cedula to finally get the photo taken and residency card issued.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubio,
    I just posted the entire process in a new thread. Includes final process, window numbers etc.

Temp to Permanent Residency - a tale of 220 days
    http://https%3A%2F%2Fdr1%2Ecom%2Ffor...0&share_type=t

Note: I started at DGM, got a sealed envelope to go to get my cedula on Avenida Luperon, then had to go back to DGM with copy of the new cedula to finally get the photo taken and residency card issued.
    I find that crazy..... why the hell do they say to start process 45 days before expiration ? ( well in reality 30 days, see previous posts )

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Renewed my residency and cedula yesterday.

About my residency renewal experience

1. I got to migracion about 9. There was a long line waiting to get in. But when I observed a few people seeming to get that were not a line, I thought I would give it a try. when I got to the door I saw the line was really for people depositing their documents for the first, not for people who had deposited them in Puerto Plata or Santiago. When I got the paper in Puerto Plata I asked where I took it and they a put sticky note ventana #12 on the front. When the guard saw the note he opened the door and pointed me toward window #12.

Saw if you deposit the papers elsewhere and go with the one sheet given you, paste a stick with ventana #12 on the paper and by pass the line. It is not for you

2. When I got into the waiting room I was very surprised to see almost every seat in the large filled. How long they had been there I don't know, but certainly not after 9am. I thought entrance was permitted starting at 9, but obviously not, or not for everyone . Anyone who is going to renew their residency should check on that.

3. I didn't pay for VIP service and didn't see anyplace to pay it there since I had already paid all the fees in Puerto Plata. Whether I could have paid for VIP in Puerto Plata and whether that would have made a difference, I don't know. But I would recommend anyone depositing papers in Santiago or Puerto Plata ask about VIP when you do. It might have made a difference, one comment made by the woman in window #12 made me think it might have.

4. I didn't have a physical and didn't need one. Anyone who got their residency before 1999 does not need a physical. I thought this might be an issue because I got a paper telling me to make an appointment for the physical, but Puerto Plata told me it was sent to everyone automatically and that I should ignore it. They were right, nothing was said.

5. I walked out of migracion about 12:30 and took one of the taxis in front to the Junta Electoral to renew my residency. The taxi waited for me, told me it would not take long,and took me back to the hotel. He was right, very fast. He charged me RD$250 to get to get the cedula and RD$250 to take me to the hotel. I thought this was very reasonable because RD$250 was less than I paid to go from hotel to migracion. Nothing was added for waiting. A real pleasure not to have to get my own taxi to get to the hotel after getting the new cedula. There were no taxis waiting around there like there are at migracion.

Cedula renewal was RD$4000.

9. Likes Linda Stapleton liked this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718