Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Residency renewal

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kate. I have it in hand. But I had to switch to Chrome from Firefox to make it possible.

Do I now scan and send it to the address at bottom of the page to verify the authenticity?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Never mind, it is under control. But it seems I must wait until the codigo CIS is posted so it can be found by other offices.

Through this whole process, I have not been able to use Firefox. I had to use Chrome every step of the way.

Have others found that they were not able to use Firefox?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Sooo...... i went back and filled in the 1st page properly ( which, dont laugh, is no small feat....... it seems every man and his dog is a pensioner ), and the first page of the " sollicitar residencia permanente " tells you to apply 45 days before the anniversary of the 5 years. Ok.
    Fill out form #1.
    Fill out form #2 ( which is allready pre filled ),
    Press aplicar......
    And i get a message saying i can only it do it 30 days before the fecha de expiracion of my residencia.......duuuh.

Any ideas ?
    I have the same situation. Did you try again later after 45 or 30 days? I have more than 45 days but again, right now I'm not sure since the pop up message tells me that I can do it only "desde 30 dias antes del vencimiento de Carnet"

(I'm going from Temporal to Permanent)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lesia787 View Post
    I have the same situation. Did you try again later after 45 or 30 days? I have more than 45 days but again, right now I'm not sure since the pop up message tells me that I can do it only "desde 30 dias antes del vencimiento de Carnet"

(I'm going from Temporal to Permanent)
    Well...... i phoned them ( which is also no small feat w/o a case number ). Explained it once, got passed on to someone else. Explained it again, got told to wait, while they passed me on to someone else. The call cut off. I gave up.

So I'll go with the 30 day limit and see how it goes....... still wondering if i should just renewal my temporary though......
    Or i might try the permanent, and play it dumb if stuff gets too complicated, and hopefully, go back to renewing the temporal.

I'll probably be uploading the stuff on the 10th or 11th, and i'll post an update.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Well...... i phoned them ( which is also no small feat w/o a case number ). Explained it once, got passed on to someone else. Explained it again, got told to wait, while they passed me on to someone else. The call cut off. I gave up.

So I'll go with the 30 day limit and see how it goes....... still wondering if i should just renewal my temporary though......
    Or i might try the permanent, and play it dumb if stuff gets too complicated, and hopefully, go back to renewing the temporal.

I'll probably be uploading the stuff on the 10th or 11th, and i'll post an update.
    Thank you so much, you've saved my time. I'll be waiting for your post after 10th or 11th.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I deposited by papers and paid my money to the Puerto Plata office. They gave me a paper and told me to take it Window 12 on December 12. Does the process in Santo Domingo go any faster if documents already received and money paid?

I don't need a physical because I got residency before 1999 (the mid-1980s, in fact). I got a message saying my papers were processed and to get a physical, but Puerto Plata said it is automatically sent everyone and to ignore it because I don't need the physical.

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not over the Christmas Holidays. If your process is not completed in the next 10 working days, it'll be the 2nd week January before it is looked at again. Nothing is going to happen in Govt. from a few days before Christmas through Jan. Jan 2, 3, 4 are write off days as far a productive work is concerned.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Probably not over the Christmas Holidays. If your process is not completed in the next 10 working days, it'll be the 2nd week January before it is looked at again. Nothing is going to happen in Govt. from a few days before Christmas through Jan. Jan 2, 3, 4 are write off days as far a productive work is concerned.
    Yes, you're right and I am aware of that. But I was told to come on the 12th.

What I am asking is whether coming with papers already processed there and money (except for expedited service) already paid will reduce the amount of time I must wait for the residency carnet to be prepared.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

What I am asking is whether coming with papers already processed there and money (except for expedited service) already paid will reduce the amount of time I must wait for the residency carnet to be prepared.
    Yes, it will. Basically your file will have been reviewed and isuance approved. That said, don't expect to be in and out that quickly, everything takes time there.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

If by expedited service, you mean VIP, that does not seem to exist any more and Kate is right, it's a slow process. Good luck.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast