Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelickshot View Post
    Do you have the web page link to renew residency online? I called up the office to be told it's all done online now, but I can't seem to find the page to actually renew my residency. Just information confirming that it can be done online.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    https://personal.migracion.gob.do

2. Likes joelickshot liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the great Dominican Experiment as ended...denied renewal of my retiree's residency on the 3rd renewal due to not having enough of my retirement income coming to the D.R. banks.

The condo is listed, the car is listed and I'm going back where you're not looked-at like a wallet ready to open.

Hasta la vista, Punta Cana!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Well, the great Dominican Experiment as ended...denied renewal of my retiree's residency on the 3rd renewal due to not having enough of my retirement income coming to the D.R. banks.

The condo is listed, the car is listed and I'm going back where you're not looked-at like a wallet ready to open.

Hasta la vista, Punta Cana!
    I just deposited my docs in Pto. Plata for a retiree temporary residency renewal. There's no requirement on the DGM page for any bank or income statements and none were asked of me at DGM in Pto. Plata.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - posted in error.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renewed my temporary residency

I’m sharing my experience renewing my temporary residency as it may help someone.

Sometime in February I set up my account on the DGM website https://personal.migracion.gob.do/ . I received a list of documents needed: polizia de garantia (seguro de repatriacion), certificacion de buena conducta (no antecendente penales, passport, cedula, residency card, two photos (face-on). This list did not include a carta de solicitud, but the Puerto Plata DGM office said I should include one. I used the format shown on page 2 of this thread

Cannot upload documents prior to 30 days from expiration date, for me not prior to 19 March

5 Mar – paid 600 at BanReserva for certificacion de buena conducta. This receipt is good for 30 days.

11 Mar – requested and printed certificacion de buena conducta online pgr.gob.do/servicios/

18 Mar – obtained seguro and photos. Needed copy of passport, cedula and residency card. Paid 5462 pesos via Banco Popular and sent a copy of that receipt via WhatsApp to the seguro office. Able to pick up seguro papers following day.

20 Mar – uploaded documents to DGM website. Has to be in JPG format – learned the hard way.

28 Mar – received a-mail from DGM asking me to send my original documents. Printed my “Hoja de Enviar” from DGM account, and went to DGM office in POP. Gave them my carta de solicitud, certificacion de buena conducta, policia de seguro, two photos, and three copies of my passport, residency card and cedula. They also kept my original residency card. Paid them 5000, and they gave me the date of 5 April to go to Santo Domingo.

5 April – NOTE: take your passport. Will need it at DGM.

departed POP at 0600, arrived SDO at 1020. Taxi to DGM, arrived at 1040. Entered DGM, obtained ticket de torno, went to window #12 who took my receipt and info sheet given to me in POP. Waited to have photos taken. Received new residency card at 1220 and off to JCE.

Arrived JCE at 1245, paid 3000 for renewal, and waited in line for photos. Received new cedula at 1415.

All done and back to POP!

7. Likes Linda Stapleton, judypdr, Irie liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

At last .... a success story.

That’s how it’s supposed to work

Felicidades

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Think about how easy it would be if they eliminated the trip to Santo Domingo! The DMG office surely is going to push for that...they just added a requirement to have an appointment to do the last bit...that should be interesting!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLSawmam View Post

Arrived JCE at 1245, paid 3000 for renewal, and waited in line for photos. Received new cedula at 1415.
    That was a fairly long wait at JCE. I was never in there for more than about 1/2 max in the past.

This is a good example of conflicting/contradictory info coming out of DGM. I went to DGM in POP just two days before you and deposited my docs. Thanks to a call to them prior to going, I was told not to come until I had received a factura from DGM and to print out a copy of that and bring that with me(it doesn't sound like you ever downloaded that?). I got a date of April 3rd.

I called them with a question a couple days later and they told me my April 3rd date was cancelled and to wait for an appointment date to appear on the DGM website. I received that yesterday - April 19th at 3pm.

I just looked at the calendar today and noticed the 19th is a Friday. With a 3pm appointment date, no way there would be enough time to go to JCE and get my cedula the same day and no way did I want to be driving back over the mountains at night. I also thought it was strange that DGM would be open on Good Friday.

I called DGM today to see if I could change my appointment date. The woman asked me for the "numero de solicitud" and appointment date. She then says, we'll give you another appointment date - we're closed on April 19th - Viernes Buena!

If things go smoothly with DGM - count yourself lucky!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did not print a factura; I received one when I paid at the DGM office in POP and that is when they told me to go to SDO on 5 April before 1200.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just renewed my temporary residency(jubilado/pensionado) yesterday. First of all, no bank information was required. The new system now gives a specific appointment time and date. Mine was for 12:00pm.

From the time I entered the front door of DGM until when I walked out the back with residency card in hand was a total of one hour and twenty five minutes. Maybe I was just lucky, but far fewer people sitting inside. Last year I noticed quite a few friends and spouses waiting inside. This year they appear to be enforcing the rule that only applicants may enter.

There was one tall, blonde hair gringo in there wearing shorts above his knees and with what was apparently his best looking T-shirt. Men are required to wear long pants. Not sure why they let him in(?). Another poster here had to rent some long pants from a Dominican in the parking lot when he went there in shorts.

I went to JCE Extranjeria next and was in and out in 15 minuted with my new cedula in hand and was heading back to Cabarete by a little after 2pm.

13. Likes drstock, Linda Stapleton liked this post
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast