Golo and trujillo

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Golo by his own admission experienced
the Trujillo regime. This is from various threads on presidents etc.
This means he must have been at least a young man
of 15 to 20 years old.
otherwise he talks of the experiences of a little boy.
In all the threads he is refering to him self with the actions of a young adult A few Dominicans did the country the favor
of getting rid of Trujillo in 1961.

That makes Golo a man of minimum 56 more probably 60 years old now.

I have followed his threads and his obsessions with fashion
fast cars and girls.
While as a 60 year old man he does his photo honnor.
he probably looks no older then 40
his writings do not.
As a sixty year old his thoughts on fashion , high class,
relationships are pathetic.
if my calculations are wrong and he is only 30-40 year old more in line with his thoughts and writings,
his experiences with the trujillo regime are a lie.
and fabricated to protect a monster .

2DRs

Mar 19, 2002
And the answer is -

By my reckoning Golo is 56 years old, left the DR in 61 - 62 and moved back in 94.

- 2DRs -

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
yeah... so what

So whats your point?

We are all entitled to our own interests and preferences. Additionally TW represents a part of dominican culture most on this board do not have contact with.

He has contributed much valuable information about his country and his segment of the population views the country. While you may not like what he has to say, and I dont always either, If you opened your eyes, you would see that many dominican shares his views.

I am thankful that we have him and other Dominicans taking the time to come on this English speaking board and share their views and culture with us.

what have you contributed to the board lately?

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
what dominicans have you spoken with?

Shadley

I was born and raised in DR. TWs points of view are not representative of what MOST Dominicans think. More often than not Dominicans will disagree with what TW has to say about his own people and many would even be offended.

TW was born into a wealthy family ( a minority in DR) and therefore when he speak from experience it's from the experience of a wealthy person in DR. He's great when it comes to offering useful insights on economics but I don't feel he's representave of your typical Dominican.

As for the others you referred to , open your eyes, you'll be surprised how much non-dominicans on this board have contributed.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
DRtechie

Perhaps I was unclear, I think we agree entirely.

TW is representative of his segment of the population, not the entire population... As you said, the minority weathy segment, but an important minority, as they control the wealth of the country.

Non-dominicans do the majority of the contributions on this board: I was being thankful for the dominicans who are here providing their input..... My question is what has Paul Thate contributed recently

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
TW is about a year or two youger than I. We went to the same school at the same time and I was a year or so ahead of him...Paul, you do't have to bew an adult or even a young adult to experience the things we did. I remember vividly the riots at the Palace of Justice which was across the street from our school. I remember the mobs that came and tore down the US flag that flew alongside the DR flag at our school. I remember the ability of a ten year old being able to safely go anywherei I remember the the fact of having water and power 24/7. Many other things and I know how they affected my life. TW and I and you and all the others see things the way we do because of when, whee and how we were raised. I see things alittle different than TW, even though our lives paralled for several years. He comes from a well to do Dominican family and has improved his lot further thru his own efforts. I came from a poor farm family in the States. I was able to attend good schools because of my stepfather's work. So, I have different ideas.

All of us speak from out environment. Rich or poor we come with the bias that our experiences gave us.

BTW He ain't 60 cause I ain't 61.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Shadley00000000000

My question is what has Paul Thate contributed recently [/B]

Shadley0000000 I am so sorry , I was unaware before I wrote my post
that a quality contribution was required and approved by you.
I will immediately do a search of all your 26 posts and try to learn from it.
That in future only quality and productive posts will be written by me .
I also shall adopt an alias behind which I can hide
Add a bunch of zeros behind it to show my IQ.
Thanks for helping me to point me into the right direction.

I wrote my post re Golo and Trujillo as it pointed to his age
I always thought through his obsessive posts re fashion , women and cars
he was only 30 -40 years old.
That's why I was so surprised to realize that we have here a 60 year old
That's all.
From the beginning I keep a low profile in posting usually I will respond
when posts become offensive.
So when Golo aka TW states " all Haitians should be killed " I will protest.
You showing your admiration for those statements show me where you belong.
Sorry I will not join you there.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Paul hate

What makes you think that shadley000 is an alias? perhaps it is only S Hadley with 000 appended to make it unique. You know, the way logins on most computer systems are set up by default?

26 posts... sure 26 posts since the new board was released in 2002.. I guess I have posted a few more in the 5-6 years i have been on this board before that. Perhaps I dont post much because like you I have little real information to contribute. I am here to learn about the DR. I also don't berate the people who are contributing real information.

So why are you picking at TW? because he likes fine art, fashion and Society? Because of his age? or because of his political views? Why not attack his views and ideas and not branch off into mud slinging?

What makes you think that I agree with TW opinions on Haitians? I was neither supporting nor refuting his statement. That has nothing to do with it. The fact is, some dominicans feel as he does and if you want to learn something about the culture, pay attention to the people in the culture are saying, not just the white-washed polically correct crap about what you would like them to think.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
new puzzler for Paul Thate

Please, Paul put your skills one more time to
task and guess my age from my silly posts. X.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
ok I stand corrected re your Alias.
I could not care less how many times you posts.
It was mentioned since you attacked my contributions
what ever they are.
I would be the last to qualify them. You did.
I only ever picked on TW re his stand on the Hatians.
My remarks re his age and tastes were made
be cause I was truly amazed when I learned his age.
A 60 year old rarely occupies his time so excessivly which such trivial matters.
For the rest I always enjoyed TW posts most were very informative.He is has knowledge re local matters.

BUt if a group of Dominicans spew this hatred there is nothing to learn.
This is not dominican culture. And all people, foreigners
and right thinking Dominicans should stand up.

Jan 3, 2003
Keith R said:
Shads, more recently going by the username sjh, is now a gentleman farmer on the DR's north coast. He hardly ever posts any more on DR1.

What is he farming? Is it for commercial purposes or just for entertainment?