Political correct terminalogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
A Glasgow policeman spots a huge black guy dancing on the roof of a Ford car.

He radios for backup.

"What's the situation?"

"A big fat black guy is dancing on the roof of an old Ford car."
"You can't say that over the radio!", replies the operator, "you have to use politically correct terminology."

"OK", he says:

"Zulu....Tango....Sierra"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
107p3km.jpg

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Wow ! This speaks to the level of  ignorance of some members of this forum . People who are too ignorant to realise that when they post these types of jokes they are giving priority to the perceived humor experienced by other (ignorant) readers over the discomfort experienced by group of people they are offending . 

And to have a moderator ( whom I had a lot of respect for until now )  post that follow up cartoon ? Wow!  

DR1 has readers from all over the world . I do hope that people who are likely to be offended by the post do not take offence. Just see it as the posters saying to the world  " hey , look at my level of ignorance ... based on what I find amusing " 

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
So everybody feels good

Why do Germans have such a big head?
Otherwise their mouth doesn't fit in it.

During CPR classes the instructor asks:
"Men how do you keep a German from drowning?"
Nobody knows the answer and the instructor answers:
"Keep it that way"

A Dutchman a German and a Belgian, are taken hostage. The hostage says: "Everybody gets ten lashes straight away, but everyone can make a wish before." First the Belgian gets his turn and he wants a pillow on his back against the lashes. And that happens. He does not get off well.
Now it's the German's turn and he wishes that a big mattress on his back and that wish comes true.
Next the hostage taker says because "you are a Dutchman you can do two wishes".
"Okay" the Dutchman says "my first wish is that I do not get ten strokes but twenty".
Everyone looks at him in surprise.
"And my second wish is PUT THAT GERMAN ON MY BACK.

BigRoco

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
dv8 isn't white. She's Polish. and she JDGAF.

Apparently she just doesn't give a 'F' is right.As moderator you think a person (if indeed a she) would have a sense of fairness about what is offensive. I am certain there may be other people of color, on this DR1 site, who find this repugnant.
I am new here but apparently intentional offensive cartoons are OK as long as it is followed by self-deprecating additional racist humor. Maybe I don't belong in the DR expat community if this passes for funny?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Apparently she just doesn't give a 'F' is right.As moderator you think a person (if indeed a she) would have a sense of fairness about what is offensive. I am certain there may be other people of color, on this DR1 site, who find this repugnant.
I am new here but apparently intentional offensive cartoons are OK as long as it is followed by self-deprecating additional racist humor. Maybe I don't belong in the DR expat community if this passes for funny?

BigRoco, stick around awhile. you have not seen anything yet. there is a lot more where all that stuff came from.

there is an old saw which says...consider the source. the guy who started the thread thinks it is funny, so there you have it.

BigRoco

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
BigRoco, stick around awhile. you have not seen anything yet. there is a lot more where all that stuff came from.

there is an old saw which says...consider the source. the guy who started the thread thinks it is funny, so there you have it.

OK maybe you are right. I don't know the DV8 moderator, but seems it is unprofessional for her to also post what looks to be race cartoon.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
In my opinion, it’s another example of how the world or as citizens of the world we have not really progressed. Invidually, yes but as a group no. One step forward and ten backwards. Anyone who can’t see the wrong in these types of so-called jokes falls into that category. Then when called out the poster follows up with a so-called joke about another racial group/nationality or tries to show how the target group also has comedians that make racial jokes (which I did not look at I refuse to) so everyone is a victim or a perpetrator. 

Please the first post in this case is where the wrong begins. All the follow up posts are to just save face. If everyone would do their part in terms educating themselves the world would be a better place but sadly only a few of us are willing to do the work. The irony though is when a poster posts something like that and people who reply agreeing it is good for us to see who they really are and their ingrained insensitivity.

-MP.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's the Clown Bin, the crackers, gooks, honkeys, wetbacks, niggers, KKK, punks etc etc need to deal with it.

If you didn't know before, you know now, I hate the PC BS and will not allow it infect DR1 to the insane level it has many other media outlets.

Opened so we can all see it, closed to stop the on going debate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.