Initial Residency Visa

mardonius

Sep 13, 2008
I am married to Dominican Woman and will apply for a residency visa . I have the visa application form and will go to the Dominican Consulate here in the USA when ready. I have my documents (marriage,birth certificate etc.) apostille and translated ,but I see it says you need to bring a criminal and medical report also.

Well my question is about the medical report and where would i go and get this from . Do I go to my own personal doctor or do I go to certain medical clinics ? Is it a normal annual physical or what exactly do they want in the medical report ?

I assume that I can go to the Sheriff office for the criminal background history .

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I dont know how it works in the states.
In france, i went to my "normal" doctor.
She sent me to get blood analysis done.
Then she signed off a form that I was sane of body and mind ( well nearly ;) ).
I got that translated and sent off with the rest of documents to the dr embassy.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The medical report is one of the easiest. Any doctor will do and if you don't have a form, simply a letter stating the doctor has examined you and certifies that have no communicable diseases.

Jan 17, 2009
Best is to call Dominican consulate in the US before you go to the doc, so you know exactly what it is that they expect the doctor to certify.  

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
I Just did my temporary residency from Canada. I didn’t get any medical exam in Canada. The medical exam is when you arrive in the DR and actually apply for residency. How they explained it to me was that you are basically just getting a pre-screening in your country that will give you a residency visa, which is valid for 30 days from the day you enter the DR. During those 30 days, you have to apply for the residency and at that time they will send you to a specific clinic for the medical exam.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I dont know how it works in the states.
In france, i went to my "normal" doctor.
She sent me to get blood analysis done.
Then she signed off a form that I was sane of body and mind ( well nearly ;) ).
I got that translated and sent off with the rest of documents to the dr embassy.

I did mine in Germany, due to residing there. Any doctor will do, but there an authority of the local state had to legalize it, after which it went to translation, and then to embassy.

The paper was simple "mr abc is in a good health without any known diseases", and certainly no blood analysis or anything further than checking that I breath somehow...

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
We recently submitted to the consulate in NYC both letters of 'good conduct' from our local police department as well as letters from the FBI stating that we had no criminal history. It is my understanding that both documents were required.