Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff going on for folks entering/ overstaying visas.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlise View Post
    Anybody has a solution wihout me having to buy or invesss a lot of cash, orto marry an old Dominican,( but I would go for one in is twenties)... you know, request assylium because Canada is too damn cold for me as I suffer of fibromyalgie

Roflmfao

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My neighbors friends cousin had to pay exit fee for his pet also! Charged double because has 4 legs..

3. Likes yacht chef liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So people over stay and pay the fine now the dapate is about if thy can come back after repatingly over staying.
    Here is the question why do thy care. Thy get the money and it is not like the Dom's in the usa geting benifits. Gringos get nothing and put money into the ****ry.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    O dont know whether you noticed, but the Presidente in S. Fl tastes like unadaulterated Shyte.
    Unfortunately - yes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    So people over stay and pay the fine now the dapate is about if thy can come back after repatingly over staying.
    Here is the question why do thy care. Thy get the money and it is not like the Dom's in the usa geting benifits. Gringos get nothing and put money into the ****ry.
    Maybe goverment is starting to be less prostitute than before, and starting to get into the path just like most of other countries.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Maybe goverment is starting to be less prostitute than before, and starting to get into the path just like most of other countries.
    100% aGREED so they definitely have their "work" cut out for them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

People from the USA, Europe and other countries can go to Columbia and many other Latin American Countries for three months at a time visa free and can easily extend the their stay up to six months. I hope the Dominican Republic considers this and extends the visa free travel rules / tourist visa to three or six months... It certainly would make the country more friendly and open to new development and bring in more revenue.

9. Likes sylindr, ramesses, drstock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    When you enter, do you inform the immigration agent in the airport that you will be in the RD for six months, or do you just buy the 30 day tourist card and go on your way?
    I have a return ticket for the end of the school year that the school purchases for me (every year they get me a new one- whatever is the cheapest flight off the island). I fill out the immigration forms saying I'm on vacation and use the date on the ticket as my exit date. When talking to the immigration agent, I tell them right away that my husband teaches at the Carol Morgan School. They've never asked to see my return ticket. They've never given me a hard time about overstaying my visa. Maybe there's some understood agreement with the school?

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    People from the USA, Europe and other countries can go to Columbia and many other Latin American Countries for three months at a time visa free and can easily extend the their stay up to six months. I hope the Dominican Republic considers this and extends the visa free travel rules / tourist visa to three or six months... It certainly would make the country more friendly and open to new development and bring in more revenue.
    Mexico is 6 months, because there are enclaves of extranjeros which come for extended winter stays from the cold North of the US and Canada - they keep some places like Mjijic, Baja, Playa Carmen and Guanajuato alive

12. Likes ohmmmm liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    It's not about North Americans overstaying and their money.

It's about Haitians, Puerto Ricans and Venezuelans.

If the DR singles out those groups on immigration policies, the World Bank and IMF will beat their ears about prejudicial "profiling" at review time. The DR has to please the Money Men because the DR economy depends on their loans, both new and old rolling over.

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast