Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 95 percent of new companies go bankrupt within three years

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Well you aren't alone TropicalPaul.. in the restaurant business it's exactly the same BS.. at least there's some talks in the government about doing away with severance and some of the other benefits employees unjustly get (I know this opinion will be polarizing but I stand by it) .
    I agree 100 %. When we were ramping up we brought on 3 relatively skilled Dominicans who were basically working to be fired. After that we outsourced and found people with the right work ethic and realistic salary expectations elsewhere.

The severance situation is an economy killer.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    I agree 100 %. When we were ramping up we brought on 3 relatively skilled Dominicans who were basically working to be fired. After that we outsourced and found people with the right work ethic and realistic salary expectations elsewhere.

Six month contract, so the severance doesn't hurt so much and you can renew the contract and start over if you want to keep the person.

3. Likes Russell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post

The law says that 80% of your employees must be Dominicans. So it isn't an option to employ foreigners, you could be fined for this.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    The law says that 80% of your employees must be Dominicans. So it isn't an option to employ foreigners, you could be fined for this.
    We do IT security, as we were starting out with getting new contracts it made sense to have our team local, train, monitor etc in person.

We decided to go in a different direction, we use a team of 4 indians for low skill reporting, monitoring work and have a really smart Kid from Honduras who works remotely and is client facing due to his good english and product knowledge.

Dominicans who are worth hiring already have a job or want at least 4 k US a month.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234