Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions about night life in SD (2 guys from Europe, late 20´s).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    And here I thought Doc was asking what/where SD was.  

Plenty of partying for young people in Santo Domingo bird!  
    I understand there are plenty of places for young Dominicans to party in SD but if i were traveling across the Atlantic Ocean i would go for a sure shot and hit Sosua. Not much time to wine and dine the elite in SD when just on a short vacation.

The most important question,,,,, are they fluent in Spanish?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sosua will provide you with an authentic experience, and when you get tired of this experience of professional companions, make friends with a trustworthy local with a car and go to Santiago for a night or two.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    I think Sosua will provide you with an authentic experience, and when you get tired of this experience of professional companions, make friends with a trustworthy local with a car and go to Santiago for a night or two.
    Lots of Europen are urban tourist, not every body enjoy to be stock in a beach, they like to see also diferents things thand sand and a coconut, they want to see whats capital city offer to tourist, thats really good to see there are also people that want to come here and see as much as they can, Historic places, lots of restaurants, lots of clubs.

4. Likes Timotero, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

SD has a bunch of clubs! Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something "upscale" (with a dress code) maybe try La Fabrica or Jet Set for local music and pop "EDM", for something more relaxed and trending towards house/techno try Garabato, Onno's or The Room. Sometimes La Espiral 313 has interesting stuff, depends on the day. Social media is your friend- lots of places here advertise events on Instagram. There's probably a bunch of high end "discos" out there that I don't know about- I don't roll in those circles, preferring the Berlin-type club scene. If you can get more specific about your musical taste and tell me when you'll be here I might be able to help you narrow it down.

Also, I go out with my iphone in my pocket every day. Just don't wave it around, and use common sense like you would in any big city and you should be fine. Be aware of your surroundings. In touristy areas like la zona colonial you're probably safer to flash your camera and phone around than, say, if you're walking down a street in a barrio. That said, I have a friend who is a relatively big dude who got mugged for his nice watch in broad daylight on the street in one of the nicer neighborhoods. I'd say it's similar to Rio, although it's been about 15 years since I was in Rio! Good luck!
    Last edited by ChelseaRose; 01-11-2018 at 05:08 PM.

6. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird 
    These high end clubs have higher end clientele...
    In SD, that usually means English as well as Spanish 

Educated, upscale young people 

8. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Bird 
    These high end clubs have higher end clientele...
    In SD, that usually means English as well as Spanish 

Educated, upscale young people 
    Maybe i am reading something that isn't there but when someone is deciding between Sosua and SD to me education doesn't seem to matter.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Maybe i am reading something that isn't there but when someone is deciding between Sosua and SD to me education doesn't seem to matter.
    ...except the OP said they already decided on SD over Sosua!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaRose View Post
    ...except the OP said they already decided on SD over Sosua!
    yes i read that.......... but if educated chicas was so important Sosua should have never been in the mix from the get go. Maybe i am just an old fart but for two young dudes traveling Sosua sure sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than being in some uppity high scale night club.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Mamma" is the place to go

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy88 View Post
    We will be visiting the capital, we choose SD over Sosua, because we want a more ¨authentic experience¨.

Can you recommend some high end disco´s? 
    Is it safe for tourists to go clubbing/ partying with locals?

How dangerous is SD compared to Rio de Janiero? Can I walk around with my Canon / iPhone/ Dre Beats?
    Hi, i highly recommend mamma nightclub. Forget about all the prior advises you got about leaving your phone at home etc bla bla bla. So much Security there that nothing will happen to you !!! https://www.facebook.com/mammaluxuryhall/

13. Likes Euroguy88 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe that anyone would seriously recommend the nightlife in Sosua over Santo Domingo, unless you're only interested in meeting hookers in which case Sosua is your spot. The nightclub scene in Santo Domingo is really happening, I run a hotel there and every weekend we get young people staying from New York, Miami, Atlanta specifically for the clubs. The Colonial Zone has some good clubs, particularly on Mercedes which tend to be for more upmarket Dominicans. The cool places for younger locals are Villa Consuelo (such as Flow, Kuora, Kaprich - there is a street of clubs there) - and Villa Juana. You'll definitely need some locals to take you to these places, and I strongly recommend that you don't take any expensive phones, jewellery or gadgets as these barrios are rough enough in the daytime.

15. Likes Caonabo, Euroguy88, bryndeleh liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast