Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump: Haiti is a '****hole' country

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    I’ve had the opportunity to meet many Haitians during the years I’ve wintered in the DR. They are some of the hardest working, honest, most creative people I had the pleasure to meet. In the face of constant adversity, they still smile and carry on. Frank is right. Their country is in a deplorable state due to natural disasters and corrupt governments but the Haitians can’t be faulted for that. The Haitians I know rise above that and get on with their lives. Those that have migrated to Canada are hard working, honest people, and contribute to our economy and culture. 

I’ve seen the animosity some Dominicans exhibit towards Haitians. I’ve noticed that the ones who show the most animosity are very poor, uneducated Dominicans who are angry with their lot in life and need something or somebody to complain about. A large number of the Dominicans I know are concerned about the plight of the Haitians and some even sympathize with them.
    It seems as if it is forgotton that America became a great nation because people from all over the globe made their contribution.

2. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

The situation has gotten so bad with respect to Haiti that Govts have given up on that country. The only dealings with Haiti undertaken these days are those that provide significant economic advantage to the external entity. History clearly shows that the desire to "fix" Haiti is impossible and must be left to Haitians to do themselves.

Individuals the world over have yet to come to this realization because they can't seem to shake the delusion that good intentions are all that is necessary to succeed. Economic groups, be they businesses or NGOs are all in it first and foremost for the money and any good works that make a slight bit of difference are just an added public relations bonus.

"We" make this same mistake all the time when we desire to fix other countries and other people. Our way is always the best and yet we continue to fail to achieve any degree of measurable and sustainable difference.

Freud is groaning in his grave.

4. Likes pelaut liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Any post that doesn’t deal specifically with Haiti will be deleted, and from here on will incur infractions. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

Go to the Trump thread in Off Topic for everything else
    I read all messages before your warning and they talk of Haiti so why are you so angry person.

6. Dislikes Tamborista, cbmitch9 disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    last i checked, you are not the President of the USA. you can say it, and Larry can say it, and Joe Blow can say it. the leader of another country should know better than to say it.
    True he should watch his words they can hurt. I never met a person from Haiti before, but since we have been mostly 6 weeks now in Sousa I have learn of them and they are so nice I think maybe their country is disaster - but the words used by Mr Trump are not diplomatic.

8. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Once again Trump nails it, connects with real people, voters and tax payers! At least he has the balls to say what the majority of Americans and 99% of Dominicans think.

Haiti is a ****hole, fact!

Now that is out of the way, maybe now some Governments around the globe will actually work at changing that reality, as it obvious it will not happen internally.
    Thank you so much!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A s***hole by any other name is still a s***hole. Haiti has been run by idiot dictators since time began. All they have done is taken a beautiful country and destroyed it for profit. That is not racist to the people of Haiti but over time it made the country a s***hole.
    If anybody else in the world said this it would have gone pretty much unnoticed. But one guy with a bad haido says it and everbodys panties get in a knot.
    No wonder that job can't get good applicants.

11. Likes Fernandez, oriole100, JDJones, Garyexpat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRoco View Post
    True he should watch his words they can hurt. I never met a person from Haiti before, but since we have been mostly 6 weeks now in Sousa I have learn of them and they are so nice I think maybe their country is disaster - but the words used by Mr Trump are not diplomatic.
    sorry I misread

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    A s***hole by any other name is still a s***hole. Haiti has been run by idiot dictators since time began. All they have done is taken a beautiful country and destroyed it for profit. That is not racist to the people of Haiti but over time it made the country a s***hole.
    If anybody else in the world said this it would have gone pretty much unnoticed. But one guy with a bad haido says it and everbodys panties get in a knot.
    No wonder that job can't get good applicants.
    actually, other world leaders are sufficiently decent and classy that they would not be guilty of such a faux pas. you know, and i know, that Haiti is a basket case. copious amounts of keystrokes have been expended on that matter, right here in this site. many of us have wondered aloud if it can be fixed. in reality, it is probably just what he said it is.

that is not the issue. it is not the done thing for a world leader to refer to an entire continent as a ****hole. people with class, and proper upbringing, do not do certain things. the kids in the class might make fun of a guy's handicap, but the teacher ought to know better than making jokes about it.

your mom might be a real b1tch, but that does not mean your dad should call her that name at the cashier in Walmart. it is called civilized restraint.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Trump calls it correct.In the early 1993,the clintons first got involved,putting that drug addicted former priest in as president.John Claud,something,what a mess.

15. Likes Fernandez, jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So, lets be real. Lets sell our homes, uproot our kids, and move to the safety of Haiti. Lets enjoy the quality medical care, the abundance of social services, the outstanding education system, the road and highway infrastructure, the clean and reliable sanitation and food products, the powerful and consistent energy supply, and outstanding public transportation.

I can understand Haitians, noble people, looking to better themselves by getting to the USA.
    The country is a **** hole- a failed nation state. A reality- spoken clearly and without question. President or not, the reality that everyone knows and now can state openly. Haiti, as a nation, is a big dig.

Question is: Why not France? Why not Mexico? China could use color diversity.

The comment about Norwegians- well, they are amongst the highest livings standards in the world. They contribute and bring wealth- what Americans need now- not more social safety nets.

Lots of well meaning hearts will disagree, but unfortunately things are not as one would want in a perfect world. The USA now needs prepared immigration- and there are many alternatives to the USA available worldwide to flee to.
    Last edited by Fernandez; 01-12-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: because

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast