Tires

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No they are new not retreads. I know quite a bit about tires having worked in a garage changing tires from age 16 to 19 plus years of experience with aircraft tires.I am just asking for specific experience with the brand.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They are not bad. Most of the tires that come out of China and other Asian countries have improved greatly over the past years. I base this on over 30 years in the tire industry. The asymmetrical tread design works great in the water.
FYI if anyone does make passenger car retreads stay away from them as they are junk.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No they are new not retreads. I know quite a bit about tires having worked in a garage changing tires from age 16 to 19 plus years of experience with aircraft tires.I am just asking for specific experience with the brand.

Not recaps - but recycled rubber for waste by converting old tires into vulcanized rubber powder and using this in new tires - but this may be for domestic not export use.
Bob tires have probably changed since you were 16 years ?
Was it difficult getting them off the wood-spoke wheels ? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Anyone have any experience, positive with this Chinese tire brand Hifly?
Yes. We do. We have the Vigouous AT601's on our SUV and the E350 van. The van has the LT version with 8 plys.

Good tires, solid performance, good price.

We bought them from FRAM.

I would buy them again.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Not recaps - but recycled rubber for waste by converting old tires into vulcanized rubber powder and using this in new tires - but this may be for domestic not export use.
Was it difficult getting them off the wood-spoke wheels ? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Today's tires are approximately only 30 to 35% natural rubber and the rest is synthetic compounds. If the steel from the beads and tread areas can be successfully removed whats left could certainly be reused in new production. I would buy these if I needed tires

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yes. We do. We have the Vigouous AT601's on our SUV and the E350 van. The van has the LT version with 8 plys.

Good tires, solid performance, good price.

We bought them from FRAM.

I would buy them again.
Edit: We have the HiFly AT601's on the van. We put Comforser CF1000's on the SUV in March of this year, only because we wanted a more all-terrain tread than the HiFly's had.

My Chinese Tire Follow-Up Review, 3/2017

Chinese tires have come a long way, just as most products made there have. Many manufacturers buy equipment from the states and have ISO9001 protocols.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Edit: We have the HiFly AT601's on the van. We put Comforser CF1000's on the SUV in March of this year, only because we wanted a more all-terrain tread than the HiFly's had.

My Chinese Tire Follow-Up Review, 3/2017

Chinese tires have come a long way, just as most products made there have. Many manufacturers buy equipment from the states and have ISO9001 protocols.

these are 5250 pesos each with alignment and balancing at Casa de Gomas in Jarabacoa. They have a decent Dunlop at 8500 but the roads here will chew up any tire.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Well, I did work on a lot of split-rim wheels that required a crowbar and sledgehammer to get the rings off. You haven't changed tires until you do a fleet of forklifts in one day.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well, I did work on a lot of split-rim wheels that required a crowbar and sledgehammer to get the rings off. You haven't changed tires until you do a fleet of forklifts in one day.
Never took more than a bike flat off its rim. And I still have all my knuckles

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
We once did 11 motorcycles in one day.