Window Tint

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Does anyone know of a good place to tint car windows in the Bavaro / PC area. The guy I used a few years ago is gone and I would like to get the back windows on my car tinted

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Be careful what you buy.

Some of the tint is just that, a tinted plastic sheet, no heat reflection properties.
Cuts out the light, but has no effect on heat transfer and UV rejection.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Be careful what you buy.

Some of the tint is just that, a tinted plastic sheet, no heat reflection properties.
Cuts out the light, but has no effect on heat transfer and UV rejection.

Very true your better off buying the tint and having someone install it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for the advice. I think I will check out MMC next time I'm in Bavaro.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Almost directly across the street from Montilla Motors is a place that does AC. Not the first place with a sign coming from Plaza S. J but across from Montilla. I don't remember if there is a sign. They have a guy that does tinting there. I am telling you from experience. First rate job..............

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Very true your better off buying the tint and having someone install it.

Yes !

Try Plaza Alondra, next to the Gold Gym, on Av. Barceló, there is an Auto Adorno shop there ….had ours done there few years back ….girl there speaks English….

Brought our tint sheets from the US …paid only for the labor…and watched them install it …. to our satisfaction….still going strong after 5 years of Dominican sun…neighbor had to redo his tint twice in 5 years…so worth buying your own….

There’s quite a few Auto Adorno shops on Av. Barceló…take your pick.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes !

Try Plaza Alondra, next to the Gold Gym, on Av. Barceló, there is an Auto Adorno shop there ….had ours done there few years back ….girl there speaks English….

Brought our tint sheets from the US …paid only for the labor…and watched them install it …. to our satisfaction….still going strong after 5 years of Dominican sun…neighbor had to redo his tint twice in 5 years…so worth buying your own….

There’s quite a few Auto Adorno shops on Av. Barceló…take your pick.
What brand of tints did you buy?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Don't get any brand but 3M, or you will wind up with bubbles in your rear window like half the Sonatas and Camrys in the country