Matilda goes on tour to Santiago

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
By popular request - well one person - I will be doing a book signing in Santiago. The date is Wednesday 24 January, place Cafe Aromas del Sol, Calle Del Sol, Opposite the monument, Phone (809) 971-9075.

I will be there from around 1 pm to 3 pm. I will be the person sitting alone at a table surrounded by What About Your Saucepans? and Life After Your Saucepans. The books are RD$500 each and even if you don't want to buy a book then please stop and chat.

Matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I will try to be there, if my memory holds out until then... :cool: lol

That´s our grocery shopping day and time.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
By popular request - well one person - I will be doing a book signing in Santiago. The date is Wednesday 24 January, place Cafe Aromas del Sol, Calle Del Sol, Opposite the monument, Phone (809) 971-9075.

I will be there from around 1 pm to 3 pm. I will be the person sitting alone at a table surrounded by What About Your Saucepans? and Life After Your Saucepans. The books are RD$500 each and even if you don't want to buy a book then please stop and chat.

Matilda

Matilda,

I am wondering if you spoke to Hipolito (owner Aroma del Sol) because he usually doesn't open that early. If not I would be more than happy to touch base with him or Ana about it for you.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Matilda,

I am wondering if you spoke to Hipolito (owner Aroma del Sol) because he usually doesn't open that early. If not I would be more than happy to touch base with him or Ana about it for you.

That would be great if you could I thought it was open at lunchtime. If not if you could recommend somewhere else that would be lovely - or a park bench somewhere? I am speaking at PUCMM at 4 so thought would come early.

Matilda

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Will there be an evening assembly? Perhaps over Martinis or a nice bottles of Cabernet?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That would be great if you could I thought it was open at lunchtime. If not if you could recommend somewhere else that would be lovely - or a park bench somewhere? I am speaking at PUCMM at 4 so thought would come early.

Matilda

I did not know Aromas Del Sol isn't open for lunch.
Perhaps you should consider doing the book signing
after your speach at PUCMM, a little later in the evening?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Matilda

Not positive, but I thought there were benches around the base of the "Monument".
It´s been years since I was up there.

I can watch people jogging around the base from my security camera 3 KM away, but it´s too far away to tell if there are benches. I thought I remember people resting up there from exercising.

I will attempt to get by there today or tomorrow.
Having some mobility difficulties last week or so.

Nice view of the city.

A little foggy this morning...... especially over that distance.

okbeq0.jpg

Last edited:

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
According to their Facebook page they are open from 10:00 AM...............

https://www.facebook.com/aromasdelsol.stgo

Then he needs to update the page. I use Aroma del Sol as my office for meetings so often I told Hipolito I was going to put the address on my business cards. I was out of country for a while but don't think he has changed his hours of operation. I reached out to him and will ask about the 24th for Matilda because it is a nice venue. I will probably be there tonight so if I don't hear back from him on whatsapp I'll confirm tonight and post it here.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Hello Matilda,

Just got back from visiting "Aromas Del Sol".

This is the place I referred to in my PM reply to you.

They were open and I verified with the waitress that they will be open on Wednesday starting at 10 am.

Coming up Calle Del Sol (One Way Street)

Just after crossing Calle Francia.

Right hand side, across from the "Monument".

xqhx4x.jpg

26458c8.jpg

Don

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hello Matilda,

Just got back from visiting "Aromas Del Sol".

This is the place I referred to in my PM reply to you.

They were open and I verified with the waitress that they will be open on Wednesday starting at 10 am.

xqhx4x.jpg

26458c8.jpg

Don

Thank you so much. Will stick with Plan A and will be there at around 1pm till around 3pm.

Matilda

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I stand corrected. I am sitting in Aroma del Sol and Ana (owner) just told me that, yes, they have started opening early.

See you on the 24th Matilda!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Three more days until Matilda will be in Santiago for her book signing at "Aromas del Sol" on Calle Del Sol across from the Monument.

Date/Time: Wednesday, 24th of January from around 1 pm - 3 pm.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Final Reminder: I will be doing a book signing in Santiago, tomorrow, Wednesday 24 January, place Cafe Aromas del Sol, Calle Del Sol, Opposite the monument.

I will be there from around 1 pm to 3 pm. The books are RD$500 each and even if you don't want to buy a book then please stop and chat.

Matilda