LADIES ONLY I did hurt my macho hubby

isabelle49000

Jan 16, 2018
Hello my name is Isabelle.

I am sorry for that bad english but as you did guess it's not my native language...

I am married since 1 year with Jarrel, a lovely man I met few years ago in SAnto Domingo. Now, we are living together in Paris, France. I am 35 years old and he's 29.

Im a beautician, I own a little beauty center. My hubby is a constructor work and a bit macho (he has been a military there).All is great but with the job and daily things to do I struggle to get some time with my husband. To fix that, we did decide to make some sport together. What was the more complicated was to find a sport that can fit for both of us.(I am overweight) I wanted salsa or a dance sport but he refuses, he wants tennis but i hate racket sport... So finally after hours of search and discussion he proposed me judo. I first refuse it but because I see we were blocked I said ok let's try it...

Finally, after 5 lessons, we both had fun going there. I had the feeling to improve and feel really good practicing. We were on the same club, same training but we had our partner for the "fight part" in the end of the lesson. My hubby tease me always after the lesson on the car saying "so you're not too much tired? It's more tough than painting nails maybe you will loose weight bla bla bla ..."

Last week, my partner was away so just before the fight part my hubby look at me with a "challenging smile". He ask me to try it with him. I am more 10cm taller and outweight him for... 15 kg but he is a man so sure let's do it!

He tease me a bit telling me he'll show me "who's my boss", sure sweat heart... We hang each other kimono and turn around. I pull his sleeve, to the left, to the right, pretty easily. I straighten my leg out and fall on him to the ground. He struggle to escape but I block him and count to 5 (we need to block the opponent 5 sec to win) by holding his both arms... His face was all red and while I help him to get up I can't hide myself from smiling.

Now he seems really focus and we start again. I still smile while he seems really serious. I pull his kimono again and got him the exact same way. On the ground I sit on him and block his arm. I bend its and stare at him asking him "you give you give?". While he struggle and make stranges noises I whisper to his ear "give up dear "miss fatty" got you!", he finally shout "stop" after i bend his arm a bit more. I lick his cheek while the coach didnt look. I get up and prepare for the 3rd round with still a large smile on my face but he walk and sit on a bank, waiting for the end of the lesson...

He asked me to drive and I struggle to not have the bizarre silence that can sometimes happen. He just say nothing and i make a monologue about housework or whatever. Seems that he told me he doesnt want to go there anymore. I laugh a bit at first asking him if it's because I beat him but he answer me aggressivly that no, he just think it's suck.

Seems that, I haven't talk to him about that anymore but he look different, like he worry about something or i don't know. He's so cold with me, never laugh and seems even a bit depress...

I really didn't want to hurt him or whatever and now I don't know how can I fix that.

Do you have an idea?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am not sure this will be easy to fix, as yes, it is probably as you beat him at judo. Some Dominican, and indeed Latin men can be macho, so this is not uncommon. Maybe some other ladies can chime in with ideas?

Matilda

isabelle49000

Jan 16, 2018
I am not sure this will be easy to fix, as yes, it is probably as you beat him at judo. Some Dominican, and indeed Latin men can be macho, so this is not uncommon. Maybe some other ladies can chime in with ideas?

Matilda

Hello Mathilda and thx for your answer! You are right it is surely because I did beat him that he feel bad. But I am very surprise by his behaviour. He was the one who want to play judo and he did tease me before the fight... I am mad at him because at first it was just to spend more time together but in the same time, I have pity because he feel very cold and hurt about that... I dont know how to tell him I am sorry and to convince him to retry it.. I told him we can go there again and not fight together but he was mad when I told it...

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You just have to talk it out. Choose your moment and take a deep breath, and say, "Look, I can tell that you are feeling badly, and I wonder if we could talk about it." It may not be the judo after all. But if you don't talk about it,it won't go away.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You wounded the pride of a Dominican man, some of them have very long memories, so you may have your work cut out for you.  They can dish out insults but can’t take them.  Maybe if hadn’t laughed at him at judo.........

As Meems suggested, communication is key.  

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
You just have to talk it out. Choose your moment and take a deep breath, and say, "Look, I can tell that you are feeling badly, and I wonder if we could talk about it." It may not be the judo after all. But if you don't talk about it,it won't go away.

Well i guess talking it out with a dominican can be hard.. They are not overly fond of discussing things usually.

I would recommend to ask him to help u with some stuff that is too hard for you so that he can feel like the man in the house again lol.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ahhh the male ego. Give him some time. As others have suggested try and talk to him about it. Dominican male pride can be difficult. It may take a bit but he will come around.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Yep the Domincano ego is bruised. Like Julia said, give him an opportunity to help you lift something heavy, fix something, etc. Perhaps several things...

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
This is BS on the men's part. I hardly see any men get their ego bruised if the lady pays the bill when they go out, or if he's sitting around nd she's going the extra mile to support HIS family.