Sosua Shippers that Charge by Weight Only?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Have some mail I want to get from US to Sosua.
What are the closest shippers either intown or near Sosua that charge by weight only?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Actual weight or dimensional weight? Most courier companies use both methods and use whichever works out in their favor. A single regular envelope will be charged at a rate for 1 lb as long as it doesn't weigh more than that. If you put a bunch of mail in a box, the company will charge the actual weight or the dimensional weight of the box whichever is higher.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Actual weight or dimensional weight? Most courier companies use both methods and use whichever works out in their favor. A single regular envelope will be charged at a rate for 1 lb as long as it doesn't weigh more than that. If you put a bunch of mail in a box, the company will charge the actual weight or the dimensional weight of the box whichever is higher.

We've received items with BMCargo, that are charge per the weight, as in 0.50Lbs and then the price has been multiplied by that correctly.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Where is BM Cargo located and it looks like their price is 2.65 per lb but then seems there are airport and other charges?

They are located in that little plaza where the post office is on the northside of the hwy coming into Sosua just before the light at Dr. Rosen. With all the other taxes, etc. it works out to about $4.00 USD/lb.

Maybe for big things they might use dimensions, but everything I've ordered has just been charged by weight. Just put all your mail in a small box.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Seems CPS is same rate and delivers.  Was just going to put mail in a flat pack.  Since it is not a purchase will have to contact them on how to note it is just mail and $1 value.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Seems CPS is same rate and delivers.  Was just going to put mail in a flat pack.  Since it is not a purchase will have to contact them on how to note it is just mail and $1 value.

Most are around the 4 dollar a pound mark (all inclusive)..... Some advertise eg. 3.60 per lb but then that's plus itbis , so back to $4 , then others advertise even lower but tack on fees plus itbis.
Just choose the one that you are most comfortable with reputation wise and that's conveniently located for pick up

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I was told by CPS that mail takes 15 days to get here from the US. Not sure why but it was a deal breaker for me. I do use them for packages though and am very pleased.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't receive any mail here as a matter of routine, but if someone needs to send me a letter, I give them my cps package address to use. Arrives just as quickly as a package for the minimum 1 lb charge - after the postal system has had its way with it until delivery in Miami that is.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
It will be a group of mail put in one UPS plastic type pak and mailed to the shipper.
The plastic pak will then get sent here from the shipper.  
There won't be an invoice so figuring that out now.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Something indicating the contents and the value is pretty much all you need. For correspondence that just contains paper, include a typed note indicating that the contents are documents with a value of $1. Should be sufficient. DGII aren't complete morons and realize mail isn't a product they can turn around and tax.