Repatriation Insurance

fiocco

Mar 26, 2016
Hi guys, just be advised from the DR Consulate in my home town , that to apply for a residency visa , now is requested to buy a Repatriation Insurance, without that no Visa will be issued. Anyone have knowledge about this. Thanks

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Hi guys, just be advised from the DR Consulate in my home town , that to apply for a residency visa , now is requested to buy a Repatriation Insurance, without that no Visa will be issued. Anyone have knowledge about this. Thanks

Anyone with other information feel free to correct, but that is something you need to purchase in the DR from one of the authorized companies here. For me, it has had not to do with the residency visa, but only with the temporal residency application which is submitted in the DR, not abroad.

I purchased mine from Patria. And yes, without that, no residency

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Menu/SubList/25

7. PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA CONTRATADA CON LA COMPAÑÍA DE SEGUROS DEBIDAMENTE AUTORIZADA POR LA DGM. (COMERCIAL DE SEGURO, SEGURO PATRIA Y DOMINICANA SEGURO).

EDIT: Just to add, it's a really straightforward process, you take your passport and the fee (Mine was 5k something pesos, WW above is right) to an office of your choice, and when they say (for me it was the next day) you go back and collect the documents.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Josh, you beat me to the post. As you outline above is my understanding as well.

Insurance not needed for the residency visa stamp in your passport from the consulate in your home country.

Insurance needed when formal residency application is submitted to DGM in Santo Domingo.