Road Blocks/Checks - Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The military/police (?) is out in force today in parts of Santiago.

Stopping cars and bikes with a dozen or so agents at check points in both direction of the roadway.

I passed one group of them en route somewhere, three truck loads of agents, plus about a dozen motor bikes with 2 agents each.

NOT YOUR USUAL ROAD BLOCK!

sfb8rp.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Good question - I was not about to stop and ask them.

I'm not sure but the trucks had lettering with something like "MIDE" ????

I was lucky, the lane was full so I went through without being stopped.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
...the Mayor wants more Haitians off the streets of Santiago.

Funny you say that, Calle Del Sol across from the park was lines of people (Hundreds) waiting their turn at the government building that was used for the people to get "residency" a while back.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Good question - I was not about to stop and ask them.

I'm not sure but the trucks had lettering with something like "MIDE" ????

I was lucky, the lane was full so I went through without being stopped.

MIDE is the Ministry of Defence.

matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The GPS coordinates in the photo seem to be in Los Hidalgos - about 15 miles west of Imbert(?).

Nope, Santiago across the main bridge of the river.

There are 2 ways to express GPS coordinates, maybe you used the wrong access and thus it points elsewhere.

Or, my Dash cam is incognito.... :smoke: lol

264nxo1.jpg

Last edited:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe looking for the remaining 3 members of the gang that killed the 2 Lieutenants, one from the army and a retired one from the police. And you can be sure the PN will have to use their weapons to apprehend them as the first two they caught.

The 3 they are looking for are: Argenis Cruz Orozco 25, Manaury Antonio Andújar Valenzuela, 25 and Eddy Nathanael Alcántara Acevedo, 29.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe looking for the remaining 3 members of the gang that killed the 2 Lieutenants, one from the army and a retired one from the police. And you can be sure the PN will have to use their weapons to apprehend them as the first two they caught.

The 3 they are looking for are: Argenis Cruz Orozco 25, Manaury Antonio Andújar Valenzuela, 25 and Eddy Nathanael Alcántara Acevedo, 29.

Is there a post on DR1 about it?
I missed it if there is.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I know there is a new phase of the regulation plan and jt is also time to have the new sticker in the windo but i dought that eather of these have anything to do with this.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Is there a post on DR1 about it?
I missed it if there is.

There was video at the beginning of the week where they killed two of the gang and I am just guessing that the checkpoint could be for that.
I know the PN and Ejercito are very angry

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Two police checkpoints active at 8pm between Cabarete and the airport. One close to Aldania resort and the other near Caribtours in Charamicos. No idea what they're looking for, I was waved straight through.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've seen that one near Aldiana resort during the afternoons a couple times lately. Also, another one east of Cabarete near Camino Real. Quite a few people pulled over at both, but I've never been stopped. No idea what they're looking for(?).

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
The check points were trying to catch someone in a net. I got stopped because my car fit a description of something they might be driving. made me get out, checked the car - even opened the spare tire bin.

There is a kick up in immigration stuff right now too - the second phase of the regularization plan began on January 22 - so you'll see many Haitians waiting in line in front of the Gobernacion on calle de sol.

they'e also been checking for marbetes in car windows.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Nope, Santiago across the main bridge of the river.

There are 2 ways to express GPS coordinates, maybe you used the wrong access and thus it points elsewhere.

Or, my Dash cam is incognito.... :smoke: lol

264nxo1.jpg

it's funny to see NIBAJE listed on your map. I always remember my dad telling me how the town got it's name. Every time it would rain people would say " NIBAJE pa ya" (don't go down there) due to how much water would accumulate. The flooding would was crazy.

thought I would share....