Dog Training

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I am a US Federal Court Certified Expert witness regarding the training and deployment of Police Dogs. Rather than list all the formal training that I have received (available on request) just ask Professor Hillbilly if I am for real or not. How many of you would like to receive training ranging from basic obedience, problem solving, alarm dog and up to personal protection? How much would you be willing to pay? I am not looking to make serious money but it has been my experience that free training is not valued. I tried training in return for donations to Emiliano Tardiff Orphanage but the people always came up with excuses about why they never donated. I also fell down the steps and broke my back and three ribs right after that so I had to stop anyway.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm fairly sure that your skills would be very much in demand.  I bought my Mallinois puppies from a well known Belgian breeder and trainer.  He would not sell you a puppy unless they had two, three week training sessions.  One at three months old and the follow up at six months.  The result was a pair of gorgeous obedient and ferocious dogs that are wonderful with my kids.  They were trained in the French ring discipline.

This was going back eleven years now.  I've since lost one dog and the other is not long of this world.  And alas my Belgian guy is no longer in the DR.

I paid US$1,200 per pup including the training.  It won't be long before I'm looking for another pair of pups and training.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Malinois are the most excellent all around working dogs that exist. I brought the first four from Belgium via North Caroiina in 1984 to the Caribbean with the VIPD. I would have to very carefully evaluate man & dog before any bite work. All MPDC K-9 at least when I was there came from the pound. There are dogs here that could do anything that you want the trick is to evaluate them.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If that's our famous Belgian from here -
he died , I'm told

Belgian K

No I wasn't him.  His name was Sebastian and lived up in the hills near Cabrera.  He was married to a Mexican lady who was the vet at Oceanworld in POP.  They sold up and moved to Mexico.

He had a French partner Claude, who was also an ex military dog handler.  The last I heard is that he moved to Las Terrenas

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The answer to the OP is yes.
The next question is more like, what price you would put on it ;).

Also, I am guessing, the younger the dogs, the better, no ? If the answer is yes, well please stick around another 7-10 years ;)

I have had great, and a-bit-less-than-great ;), results with my dogs. Just by taking care of them.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
SantiagueroRD let me know via PM how it goes.

Right now your post is bordering on an ad, so eventually you will need to pay for advertising.

Thanks.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Sebastian is in Mexico! His wife is like a dolphin trainer or something. Great guy. He was my father in laws neighbor (did i just give away my Cabrera location?)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Hahahahaha. When I think neighbor, I still think next-door neighbors. Phew. There used to be another set of Europeans that lived up there and had a wood-working business next to the little creek (which I pronounce crick because i"M from Philly) that are gone - but in December I noticed there is a new set of expats living there that ride motorcycles and wear leather which just seems REALLY uncomfortable in this heat.