Anyone know where to buy batteries for an electric bike (preferably in Santo Domingo)

Aug 5, 2015
Anyone know where to buy batteries for an electric bike (preferably in Santo Domingo)? Also, while I know that my question was super general, any price estimates?

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Is there a brand of bike? Or, is this a homemade job?

I used deep cycle sealed Lead Acid, but the batteries just didn't hold up past about ~50 cycles. It wasn't worth the cost or effort.

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
Battery type is what you have to post to get the answer.. or a link to a battery photo.

Ferreteria Americana on Kennedy has two or three types of SLA batteries (in the same corner where they have automotive batteries), but who knows will they fit your bike or no.

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
I used deep cycle sealed Lead Acid, but the batteries just didn't hold up past about ~50 cycles.

you need two things for long battery life: 1) good smart charger for your type of battery; 2) low voltage cut off device to prevent deep discharge. Both can be ordered from Amazon. With proper use of both devices you can use regular SLA batteries at least for 300 cycles, no need for deep cycle batteries.