Most of the people on this forum are dominicans or people that just visited DR?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The website is English. We have a mix of Dominicans and non-Dominicans. Primarily non-Domincans.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, most speak English because that is their language. This board is an important source of information for people planning to visit the Dominican Republic. Providing the answers to questions are mainly expatriates living in theDR or frequent visitors. Their are other forums for Domincans and there most communications are in Spanish. If Spanish is your primary language, you may wish to check them out.

If it was necessary to be a Spanish speaker to visit the DR, tourism wouldn't be the industry it is. It is the non-Spanish speakers from Canada, Europe and the US that fill the hotels and patronize the shops.

josh3131

Mar 22, 2002
www.sabordominicano.com
its is not that I don't agree with it, but I found it unusual. I also feel that this forum is a great way to advertise the country to those who doesn't speak spanish. I'll have a link in my website about this forum. I get a lot of visitors from far away countries like Germany, Japan, Amterdam, United Kingdom and more.
My website which one day I hope to do an english version of it is SaborDominicano.com

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Don't tell anyone I told you

Many languages available. Relatively cost effective to any other services I've been able to find.

Especially helpful when translating entire sites.

<http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr>

Josh, I'd like to see your site in English soon. I'm desperate to find good (preferably live) music

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I love your website...it's in my favorite's list. I am also looking forward to the English version.