Trump Dealing Again in Cap Cana

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
https://www.fastcompany.com/4052642...-in-dominican-republic-roiling-local-politics

As soon as the DR said you can build high rises this Oaf is back in business here.

Despite claiming no more foreign deals.

wow - 22 stories? I can just smell the non working sewers now... Just like in the 4 star resort hotel that I stayed in. How to build proper sewage and get the proper water for that sort of development in the coconut groves? And then - as in Miami Beach - the beach will be dark at 3 pm.. 

terrible idea... doubt it will get off the ground..

is everything sold in Juan Dolio yet?

wasn't that supposed to be the next "South Beach"?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
wow - 22 stories? I can just smell the non working sewers now... Just like in the 4 star resort hotel that I stayed in.

I'm sure they got that all figured out. They're not going to design 22 floors without a place to put the poop. It's really not that difficult.

Maybe your resort wasn't actually a 4 star joint?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is this not just Trump licensing the Trump name to the project while Cap Cana group is the owner/developer of a project that started well before Trump ran for POTUS?

That is all Trump ever does. OPM (Other Peoples Money}.

Worked well in the bankrupts deals in Atlantic City. Should be fine here also..........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is all Trump ever does. OPM (Other Peoples Money}.

Worked well in the bankrupts deals in Atlantic City. Should be fine here also..........

Then it would be other people going bankrupt and not Trump, since all he did was take money for the use of his name.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If any person actually takes the time to read it, the article clearly spells out that the project's concept was begun in 2007. Eleven years ago. Those with a bone to pick should be screeching at the Dominican government, or the Cap Cana group, as opposed to wasting time and energy with more of the misguided magniloquence perpetuating every single aspect of discourse in present times.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Is this not just Trump licensing the Trump name to the project while Cap Cana group is the owner/developer of a project that started well before Trump ran for POTUS?

You are 100% correct. This is a business deal that has been in play for eleven years. Nothing to do with politics that may exist today, although some always need to sway the conversation with unwarranted vitriol.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The Diario Libre article does not speak of tensions and stand offs. When translated, the article clearly states that the newspaper was UNABLE to speak with representatives of either organization. The article utilizes unnamed sources to say that the two groups are working together to gather a date to meet and discuss the matter at large. How does this portray tension and standoffs? Yes, the developments remain unpopular to some, but just as popular to others. It is not as if there are people with torches and tires roaming the streets and beaches. Diario Libre, and others should really try a wee bit harder. Here is the article, as translated into English......

SANTO DOMINGO. The aspirations of the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (Asonahores) to meet with the authorities of the Ministry of Tourism at the end of January to discuss the resolution 002/2017 authorizing the construction of several towers in Punta Cana and Macao " It has not been possible. "
Diario Libre tried on several occasions to communicate with the executives of both institutions and it was not possible, but sources close to them assured that the steps were being taken and there are no dates yet.
Within the framework of the International Tourism Fair "FITUR 2018", held last month in Madrid, Spain, the Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier García, referred to the case of the 12 towers that are planned to be built in Cap Cana (10) and Macao (2) in the east of the country, noting that the only thing this institution is doing is applying the Territorial Ordinance Plan, which, according to the official, was agreed with Asonahores.
Before the intentions of Asonahores on the dialogue between both institutions, the minister of Tourism was in favor, indicating that if it had been for him the encounter would occur before concluding the month of January. Interested parties spoke in favor of the month of January, more than 20 days ago. The minister said that the institution had been flexible both with Cap Cana and with Macao, and insisted that the towers would provide 14 thousand rooms.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Don't we all wish somebody would call us up to offer $$$$ to stick our name on their business deal ???

Jerry MacGuire..... Show me the .......

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Despite claiming no more foreign deals.

"You never step into the same river twice." - Heraclitus

That is a different river of time, so any promises only apply in the context of that time stream. Trump has figured out to effortlessly slide through the multiverse, so just when $hit is about to stick.... Snap! He's moved on.

Oh, and a Dominican business man.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I understand the uniformity aspect that everything is 4 stories or less, but highrise buildings won't make an area unattractive.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Any of these guy filed Bankruptcy Six Times?

Not that I am aware of, nor do I keep up to date on other's financials. That's for old wash women. I do know that several of them have had some other serious problems in their respective lifetimes, but that is their own personal business as well. I would much rather stay on topic in regards to the proposed building developments in Cap Cana and Puerto Plata though, rather than participating in partisan twisted, hack political discussions dedicated to another country, by mostly novices to political and world affairs. I find it to be quite dull, soporific, and quite honestly, a complete waste of time. Life is short, you may as well enjoy your time here while you have it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The first deal fell apart because of the world-wide real estate crash. Trump sued the licensees in August 2012, and the suit was settled in July 2013.

I assume there has been a kiss-and-make up because the deal is with the same group.

Here is a link to the suit: Trump v. Cap Cana PDF

We went to the Trump development in 2010 when the PGA Seniors Tournament was in Cap Cana. The place was a ghost town, dust and tumbleweeds...with a view.

Often such suits are not hostile. A suit is filed to secure a position should the defendant claim bankruptcy. I've done this often against an estate of a friendly party if there was a balance due for services.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What AE said.
I've deleted some posts and responses to keep the discussion strictly to the context of the Cap Cana project only.

I hear there may be another thread in another place where people can vent against or laud Mr T to their hearts content. :)