How dare Hipolito refer to Haiti as the DR's sister country.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
I am aghast that the duly elected President of the
Republica Dominicana would have the mendacity to
refer to Haiti as being the "sister country of the DR." What gives the President the right to make
such a statement without first consulting DR1 and
it's internationally known and locally accredited
Christopher Cologne School of Ex Pat Studies &
Apathy.

It makes my blood boil that Hipo would make such a
statement about a country whose people single handedly every problem that the DR has, had and will have, surely he must be aware that we here
"DON'T CARE WHO SQUEEZES OUR ORANGE JUICE IN THE
MORNING". To make it even worse Hipo made this statement in Monterrey, Mexico at a Finance Conference attended by many heads of state he said
it as though he speaks for all Dominicans and the
Dominican Government.Surely he must realize that
what "Trujillo did many years ago against the Haitians was justified".

Surely Hipo can't mean to suggest that helping the Haitians is a good thing after all HAVE YOU SMELLED A HAITIAN LATELY?" Hipo must realize that eventhough he is the President of the DR he is not
qualified to make these pronouncements about Haiti
without first consulting the crack team of resident Haiti EXPERTS HERE ON DR1. Hipo has to
understand that the world does not like Haiti because Haiti invaded the DR before any of us were
born. Hipo needs to know that the world doesn't not like Haiti not out of racism but out of World Nationalism. Hipo should know that it is not a race thing but a cultural thing they speak French
and the DR speaks Spanish (Castillan) mind you.

Hipo should also know that so many of the ex-pats
Morena wives don't care about any distant connection they may have to Africa via Haiti.

The Haitian people are where they are today because they forced the French to Conquer and
enslave them and rape all of the resources of HAITI. The Haitin people have worked very long and hard to create unemployment and starvation in their country.

How dare Hipo try to encourage other nations to assit HAITI when every problem in the DR from traffic jams to the lack of reliable electricity
is the fault of the Haitians.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Isaac
Whatever your on, I would like some too please. It might help me with my arthritis pain.

Isaac G

Jan 19, 2002
Robert, I don't believe we have had the pleasure of hearing your opinion

about the DR HAITI situation.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Blaming Haitians for all of the DR's problems is a little extreme.
It's a very complex issue that goes back a long time.

Just one example:
Many of the buildings I see being built in SD are using Haitian labor.
It's cheap and works hard.
Upside: Dominican developers get richer and ultimately provide more housing at a cheaper price for Dominicans. It's sort of self perpetuating.
Downside: Workmanship is second rate and it takes jobs away from a Dominicans.
You can't have your cake and eat it?

I feel the issue is too complex for the government to truly address.
It requires long term thinking and real commitment.
Unfortunately this is a one term government that
has a completely different agenda, basically rape, pillage and plunder...

Bottom line, the Haitian situation is just going to get worse and we are going to see more and more Haitians living in and living off the DR. Maybe a change in power in Haiti might help?
Sounds like the CIA are better suited to help change Haiti than the current DR government :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
the world according to issac

Perhaps you need to study a few of the farmers( Hippolito) speeches. He'll say anything at anytime and usually it smells something like bovine excrement. You are not really intersted in people's opinion on Haitian/Dominican relations. Perhaps you should speak to a few Haitians about the matter, better yet, next time your down, go visit Port-au-prince for a week or two, walk down a few back alleys, get to know a few bro's. There lots of beautiful haitian women with lovely french accents that would like to meet a rich american millionaire like yourself.
On a serious note, many Dominicans in high places do think seriouly about the Haitian problem, but they need some good American bucks and support to make a difference, someone like yourself with Washington experience.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Vu les vous mange merd mon a mi?!!!

Isaac,don,t put away that dictionary just yet! You did good,you looked up,"aghast",but then you invented the "word:"Mendacity"! I like it!Is there a;"womandacity"? I digress.As Bob understands(so does anyone who understands "Hipolito",Basic Dominican Politics,and the true sentiments of Dominicans about Haitians)which you don,t have a clue to,what "Hipolito the Great" says about Haitians on the "International Stage" has nothing to do with what he says in private!He was over-heard to remark to his aid at the same meeting(His microphone left open) "Hermanos somos?"Claro!","Claro que NO!",Con ese "Grajo Haitiano"!! No lo creo"! Ha,Ha,Ha!" Let me get this straight,you originally came "here" looking for a "Dominican Princess"?Now you seem down on Dominicans for their treatment of Haitians.Go to Haiti,you do still speak "Creole" don,t you?,find a young "Pretty?" Haitian girl to take back to DC.,as your "Trophy"!...Oh! "My" school is "Internationally" accredited!! Get your facts straight! Christopher Cologne(Vast ist dis mit "Cologne" ikt Ien "Puerto Ricano")Criss Colon

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Right on criss.

Isaac green first approached us in a desperate need to find a lovely dominican princess. He described her beautity to be Light / white skinned with straight dark hair. Slim and sweet. now tell me this, does this sound like he is desiring a beautiful haitian princess or a white jevita from franciol bars?
Isaac stop being Al Sharpton and get back to your basic search for the white dominican rubia that you so desperately seek. You are right, francifol is a good place to start.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We seem to be dumping upon young Isaac this morning!.

Lets get back to his main point: A sarcastic remark upon the fact that Hipolito called Haiti "our sister State".

Of course he did! He needs for the rest of the Western Hemisphere-READ USA and CAnada-- to get their fingers out of their bungholes and get some money to Haiti in order for the DR to be able to breathe!! Apart from manual laborers, the Haitian influx is eating up about 30% of the resources of the DR in the areas of Health and Education. Of course there is a trade off in commerce, since the Haitians will spend every penny of what they earn in the DR's commerce.

I posted about this on another of Isaac's threads.

You know folks, this is the same crappola we (USA) did in Afganistan and it took the 9-11 incident to wake the USA and the world up to the fact that everyone "got rid of the Commie bastids" and then hauled ass outta there!! Now we are seeing reports on these 'beautiful people" 'fantastic place' and the rest of the bovine excretement....Check out National Geographic...

The fact is that Colin Powell and Jimmy the C got the General to leave and then left the government with its wee-wee in its hand for comfort and support. Until the US and Canada and Europe, for that matter, get together to save Hait?, that place has no hope, none, I am sorry to say,. of ever getting better.

Apart from that:
And Isaac, young man, you showed in your first posts, the classic Haitian tendencies in your taste for women: Lighter than me.

Go back about 5 or 6 years and look at the August 15 issue of LIFE magazine. There is a very good article on this and how it caused the Dominican prostitute population to achieve about an 80% HIV positive rate.....An irrefutable chain of events driven by sexual and cultural preferences...And something that neither country has the wherewithall to deal with and help these unfortunate people....

HB

PS: Francifol Cafe is located on Sol Street, just below Duarte Park in Santiago de los Caballeros. It's a hangout for the young folks...

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
YAAWWNNN

Am I the only one getting really,really,really...(am i reapeating myself) tired with the constant barrage of Hatian threads (mainly by Issac)...Isaac,my friend, i love supporting deserving causes almost to a fault...but you are trying to overstuff this turkey!!!.....I request a 1 WEEK moratorium on Haitian issues....OK?

Criss....Mendacity is a word...but our buddy really meant to say audacity...but who's counting, all those words sound the same...j.k.

AZB...let me say for the first time, that I agree with your post on the other thread...the explanation might be as you say, tactile cultural differences...fresh new immigrants are taught that as you walk down a Manhattan street, you dont even LOOK at anyone in the eye, never mind invading their private space....we can also look at it in a very POSITIVE light...we dominicans are just some of the friendliest people in the whole wide world!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"fresh new immigrants are taught that as you walk down a Manhattan street, you dont even LOOK at anyone in the eye, never mind invading their private space....we can also look at it in a very POSITIVE light...we dominicans are just some of the friendliest people in the whole wide world!!" mondongo

Oh my god, AZB finally agrees with mondongo.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
originally posted by Master Robert
It's a very complex issue that goes back a long time.
And there ladies and gentlemen you have a prime example of the old English politicians' art of talking a lot and not meaning anything. Ok, Rob as political analyst you are a quite a good DR1 webmaster.

Am I banned yet?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pib...

You learn these skills after 6 years of running a website.

If only you knew the amount of times I edit a post before I actually post it. Maybe I should have a "pen name" and post what I really think and feel?

Then I could let my sarcastic British humor run wild...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Not a bad Idea Rob........

especially since you are one of the "Known" persons who post.

Hillbilly makes some good points in his post.
It is obvious to a lot of us that "Haiti" is incapable of pulling themselves out of the quagmire. Example a few year back there was a big push to re-forest the country with a lot of foreign aid dollars involved. What happened? The goats were eating the young saplings planted so the teams of re-forestation workers put fences around the young saplings to protect them from the goats until they had a chance to take hold and grow.
What happened? The Haitian people removed the fences so the goats could eat the leaves of the young saplings. So the saplings died, the money was wasted, the soil continues to erode and nothing was accomplished.
While I hate to agree with anything that "ElJefe Hippo" says, he's on track on this one.
Haiti need a LOT of international help or it will pull the DR down the tubes with it!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Nahhhhhhhhhhh!!

He'd just have to "ban" his "alter-ego"!

Might be fun for the rest of us to "see" the "real Rob"!!
You know - the guy that wouldn't have to worry about keeping his business going and growing!

Man How many times in the past 33 yrs I wished I could speak up at home......????? Not an option when you have a business to run!!

Isaac G

Jan 19, 2002
The great minds have awaken, no Haiti for 1 wk. time to regroup.

My friends and I use that word in the liberal of senses, I have received positive confirmation that your cereberal acuity has finally
gotten the best of you, your post display a true appreciation for the complexity of the Haiti,DR problem amongst other things
I 'm pleased that most of you have sobered up about it.

Let me ask you all a question, what do you all think is more difficult solving the Haiti, DR problem or assuring that nuclear devices from the Former Soviet Union don't make it into the hands of rich crazed maniacs?

With respect to my like of all women sure a morena is just as desireable as dark skinned woman I like all women all colors all types I never feel the need to discriminate.

The Al Sharpton comment is once again a fine diplay on that DR
humor in times of serosity none the less I understand your
misguidance.

I not downing the Dominicans I'm taking issue with some of the
people here that don't want to be realistic.

Correction I meant to say earlier that "that the Haitaians are
building the DR" is that a more acceptable representation
of the prevailing situation?

With the trmendous influx of the Euros to the DR I'm not so sure the SIDA problem can be totally blamed on the Haitians, if the
Haitians have very little money how are that paying for the
Dominican women? with there newly acquired demeanor of
Dominicanisimo?

Oh one more thing I'll take you all on about this issue anytime
if only to be one of a few voices that support the Haitian people
realizing that all the problems of the Haitians are not of there
doing!!! However I hope that with all the brain power here that
we can begin to commit in our own way to contribute to a reasonable resolution to a problem which I fear will long
bedevil my beloved Dominican Republic.

Dios, Patria, Libertad VIVA LA REPUBLICA!!