Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tourist visa extension - from US

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tourist visa extension - from US

hi, sorry if I missed this info, but have looked around and the data looks a bit dated.  I'm wondering where you need to go to get a regular tourist visa extended.  I'm a US citizen and paid the $10 on entry for 30 days, I would like to extend that for another 30-60 days if possible.  can I simply go to POP airport and do this?  I'm in cabarete at the moment.  many thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That has been discussed pretty much "ad nauseum" and it is not possible to extend your tourist visa - even though the DGM website says you can. Members here have gone right to DGM in SD and they would not give the extension.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    That has been discussed pretty much "ad nauseum" and it is not possible to extend your tourist visa - even though the DGM website says you can. Members here have gone right to DGM in SD and they would not give the extension.

yeah, i’ve read a bit, and have seen locations and prices for extensions but never a denial they exist so what does one do?

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

One comes and does all "the risky stuff" in the first 30 days while covered by the tourist card. After 30 days keep your head down, stay out of trouble, drive only when necessary and if asked at a roadside checkpoint, you lie. The randomness of life dictates that while you most probably can come, stay and pay at the airport when you leave, the current immigration situation for visitors offers no guarantee that everything will be sunshine and palm trees if you overstay the time allowed.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
    yeah, i’ve read a bit, and have seen locations and prices for extensions but never a denial they exist so what does one do?
    Go the any international airport as advised by DGM to extend.

UBICACIÓN DEL ÁREA QUE BRINDARA EL SERVICIO

· Av. George Washington, Esq. Héroes de Luperón Centro de los Héroes. Santo Domingo R.D.
    · Todos los Aeropuertos del país

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    Go the any international airport as advised by DGM to extend.

UBICACIÓN DEL ÁREA QUE BRINDARA EL SERVICIO

· Av. George Washington, Esq. Héroes de Luperón Centro de los Héroes. Santo Domingo R.D.
    · Todos los Aeropuertos del país
    Nobody has been successful doing this at an airport or a DGM office. Waste of time and effort until the DR gets it stuff together. People have posted in the other threads that they have tried and failed. They were told to pay the exit fee on departure.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Want to see the DR? Go to all the places that will not issue you a Visa extension that people post here.

Want to enjoy your visit? Pay this no mind and pay the fee when you leave...................

8. Likes drstock, windeguy, OK Roper liked this post
    No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Nobody has been successful doing this at an airport or a DGM office. Waste of time and effort until the DR gets it stuff together. People have posted in the other threads that they have tried and failed. They were told to pay the exit fee on departure.
    The DR Immigration will never get it together is my bet. Mexico gives 6 months, Colombia gives 90 days then you can add 90 days easily by paying $30 and applying for an extension or even easier just cross into Ecuador, Peru, Brazil or Venezuela (if you're brave) for a day trip and come back.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

AMET is on to the 30 days rule on your license. I was stopped and one of the first questions was how long have I been in the country.
    It was a stop for money and the cop looked long and hard for a problem.
    Ended up telling me my registration was not valid. I Just renewed it.
    I just sat there looking like a gringo.
    Finally he gave up and we left.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    AMET is on to the 30 days rule on your license. I was stopped and one of the first questions was how long have I been in the country.
    It was a stop for money and the cop looked long and hard for a problem.
    Ended up telling me my registration was not valid. I Just renewed it.
    I just sat there looking like a gringo.
    Finally he gave up and we left.
    If AMET was actually on to the 30 day license validity, would they not have given you a ticket for driving without a valid license?

12. Likes SKY liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast