Pure Sine Wave Inverters

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Good day, I am looking for information on 12 volt dc to 110 volt ac pure sine wave inverters sold in the DR. What brands of inverters are sold and what is the typical maximum wattage available. I do recall Plaza Llama selling the Technomaster brand of inverters on a previous visit to SDQ....?

Are the inverter/chargers sold in the DR capable of being operated on "invert only" where you can switch off the auto charge function...?

My need is for a 5000 watt 12 volt dc to 110 volt ac pure sine wave inverter that I would mostly use in the invert function only.......

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...........Are the inverter/chargers sold in the DR capable of being operated on "invert only" where you can switch off the auto charge function...?

My need is for a 5000 watt 12 volt dc to 110 volt ac pure sine wave inverter that I would mostly use in the invert function only.......

Why would you want to switch off auto charge? 12 volts only? Are your thoughts to use this with just a single battery?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Finding high wattage inverters that use only 12 volts is going to be an issue:

http://www.megatonerd.com/index.php...mart_product_id=247&virtuemart_category_id=25

I would think impossible to find 5Kw that operates on 12 volts, although in the link below there is a 4Kw operating at 12 volts.

Here is a link of different models and USA prices, maybe OP you might want to rethink this..........

https://theinverterstore.com/produc...ne +Inverters&utm_content=Pure Sine Inverters

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Why would you want to switch off auto charge? 12 volts only? Are your thoughts to use this with just a single battery?

It's for a boat where we run most things off inverter 24/7 because of power surges from generator or shore power. We have a separate battery charger plus engine alternators and solar panels as well to top off the battery bank.