Port forwarding with Delancer

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I have now Internet with Delancer in my house at Cabarete.
Installation was quite smooth . 3 days from signing the contract to get Internet at home.
Little bit more time to get an US IP that I finally got.I pay 4000 pesos/month for 10mb.

I am trying to use a feature that I use extensively in the US to forward incoming requests to my IP to some
devices that I have installed at home : camera ,computers, sensors, .....

I explained this to Delancer at their Sosua's office and the day later to two Delancer technician at my house but they don't seem knowing what I am talking about.

I showed them that all the incoming ports are closed except 443 which opened to a firewall login page that they don't seem aware of:Don't know login and password. It's not the login page that you get when you are on the local WIFI.

Wandering if some people have had this problem in the past and they have found any solutions.

Thank you

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Hi,

for me to be able to help you - you got to specify if you got Internet by Fiber or Cable Modem. Both connection methods surely have solution.
Also in Cabarete it's not Delancer that provides internet service, therefore if you could mention where you are it will be very helpful.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Hi,

for me to be able to help you - you got to specify if you got Internet by Fiber or Cable Modem. Both connection methods surely have solution.
Also in Cabarete it's not Delancer that provides internet service, therefore if you could mention where you are it will be very helpful.

I am located at Hideaway beach at Caberete. Delancer is indeed the internet provider.
I do have cable modem and not fiber which is currently not provided in this resort.

I know who and where I pay my bills :)

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
For customers like yourself we can open up to 3 ports. send me your contract number by PM i will arrange it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Delancer's cable modem internet service makes use of a group IP address in the US and one in the DR. You cannot do what you want with this service as there is no provision to connect to your specific computer on Delancer's internal LAN based network. These IP addresses are often referred to be being "non-routable".

Your outbound requests to the world are mapped so that returning traffic is correctly routed to you. There is currently no way for an inbound connection attempt initiated from outside Delancer's network to be forwarded to the correct Delancer customer.

You will find that you can connect to your devices if you use their router assigned LAN address but that doesn't help you view your camera from anywhere outside your own house.

The Delancer Fiber connection is supposed to be a static individually assigned IP address when you subscribe to the US IP service. I have not yet tried to see if I can connect to myself as I had long since given up on that being a possibility anytime soon. It might work now that I am no longer on the cable system.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Delancer's cable modem internet service makes use of a group IP address in the US and one in the DR. You cannot do what you want with this service as there is no provision to connect to your specific computer on Delancer's internal LAN based network. These IP addresses are often referred to be being "non-routable".

Your outbound requests to the world are mapped so that returning traffic is correctly routed to you. There is currently no way for an inbound connection attempt initiated from outside Delancer's network to be forwarded to the correct Delancer customer.

You will find that you can connect to your devices if you use their router assigned LAN address but that doesn't help you view your camera from anywhere outside your own house.

The Delancer Fiber connection is supposed to be a static individually assigned IP address when you subscribe to the US IP service. I have not yet tried to see if I can connect to myself as I had long since given up on that being a possibility anytime soon. It might work now that I am no longer on the cable system.

Yes.I have no problem to use their router assigned LAN address .Everything works inside the house.
Let's see if @delancerguy can help.

Will report results.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
i think i'm too new here in the forum for PM to work, you can send me an email at dr1 at cableatlantico.com

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
I see that ports were configured, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to email me

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I see that ports were configured, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to email me

Thank you .

Yes, confirming that @delancerguy opened 3 ports dedicated to incoming requests to my router.
From the public INTERNET, I can now open SSH session on a specific port to devices that I have in my house in Cabarete.

Big thank to @delancerguy to make it happen.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That is excellent news. Thanks for letting us know it can be done. Too bad I didn't bump into @delancerguy when I was trying to get that done 3 years ago.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Delancer

That is excellent news. Thanks for letting us know it can be done. Too bad I didn't bump into @delancerguy when I was trying to get that done 3 years ago.

I have delancer cable but rarely watch it. When i scroll and selct channels sometimes it goes to a section where i get stuck unless entering a 4 digit password. This is a password from Delancer (default) does anyone know what it is/