Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armed Security Guards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Armed Security Guards

My house was broken into, my wife and I tied up, my maid raped all at gun point in Boca Chica. Can anyone recommend an armed guard service?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Domincan Watchmen

I've seen them patrolling quite a few private and public establishments............

Hope you're ok.......the situation is getting desperate here isn't it!
    And the US deportations of known Domincan "bad guys" hasn't helped!

(from one who was mugged at machete point!)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've been hearing lately Boca Chica is getting worst. The same thing happened to a friend of mine in his home. He was lucky and ran them off. The following week it happened to the guy accross the street. Some say it is the police themselves. My point, if it is the cops, would an armed guard do any good?

Post Thanks / Like

1) Under "Vigilantes" , yeah, just like in English, there are a couple of pages of them in the yellow pages.

they are expensive.

2) Call Jim Hinsch and tell him that you are disappointed in "his" town.

3) Go to any of the armerķas, also in the phone book, get a sawed off 12 ga. and a box of shells and hire the meanest M.F. you can find for about RD$4,500 a month and find (f00d).
    Your initial costs will be higher than a Vigilante but you will get better service. Treat him like a reclute in the Army. Rigid disclipline, but fair. He will get more take-home than a Vigilante and be "yours". Take him out into the fields and show him how to use the shotgun....I am supposing that you know how??

HB

4) Move outta there!! Go North!!

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is awful! Sorry to hear that. Why does it seem that Boca Chica (from Posts) is so much worse for crime and violence than other places in the D.R?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, Tank
    how did the brake in happen ??
    did you let them in like a home invasion type attack.??
    was the door unlocked ??
    did they brake through your iron protrection??
    what time of the day did it happen ??
    anf how many of them??

if a few of them what can one armed guard do.?
    he would probably be asleep any way.
    thats what most of them do here.
    For that reason i am hesitant to arm my guard.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Seguro's

HB,

Does your post mean that you would trust a human being that you pay $US 275.00 per month "plus Food" to take a shotgun and guard your family with his life 24/7??

For that ammount all I would expect is a guy who would know all the security in the house after awhile and then sell that info to some "Real Hard Dudes"

I don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I would expect him to work 10 -12 hour shifts at night.
    He would have a watchman's clock and have to key in at certain intervals. He would have whistle, large Maglite, and weapon.

He would be making the equivelent of a Sargent's pay inthe Army.
    He would be very happy and loyal...Remember, I said discipline but fair...

How much do you think the armed guards provided by Dominican Watchman get paid?? A lot less, friend bichondad. a lot less.

Another problem with contracted men is that they are less screened than your 'guy' . And they get no support from their agency other than being picked up and delivered-most of the time. Can you sit there and eat three squares a day plus snacks and beers and stuff, knowing that this guy will go 12 hours without so much as a glass of water, unless you give it to him? I don't think so...Golo maybe, but not you....(what a dig at poor TW..)hehehe--

This 'guy' will, for all intents and purposes, become a valued member of the family.

HB

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta agree with HB.......

He knows what he's talking about..........

Reminds me of a little shoeshine boy we met, the first time we came here, in San Pedro.......We left the resort to go to town to buy some T-shirts and some medicine for one of the group that suffered a reaction to the sun. When we got off the bus in SP we asked a little boy about 8yrs old where to find a pharmacy. He not only showed us the pharmacy, he took us on a tour of SP,showed us everything there was to see (even the picture of the three founding fathers), took us to a "local" store where we could buy the T-shirts cheaper than in the "tourist" stores.It was three years before we understood just everything he had showed us-the cathedral,the fire hall etc.because we didn't understand him very well at the time.
    We bought him lunch (argued a bit with the restaurant owner who didn't want him in the restaurant) and gave him about 20 pesos at the end of the day. Every time we went to SP for years after that this "boy" would spot us and come to accompany us, carry our bags to the "parada" etc. We always fed him, gave him a few pesos and one time even bought him a new outfit (shorts,T-shirt, and flip-flops). He's now a young man-employed, and still comes to visit us in JD at least once a year when we're here.
    The only thing he has every asked us for was one year he asked if we could "help" a friend of his get a "Visa" to the USA. He even brought his friend's passport & cedula to show us that his friend was legal and had his papers. I wish I could have helped but we're not American......

Santo Domingo Sammy
    Post Thanks / Like

Momma c I dont know whats happned to Boca Chica its changed a lot. You said younot North American where are you from??. I feel bd for you also Tank. ut take Hillbillys advise hes usally right on target. And your guard would turn into more or less like a family memeber then an employee . I would if I had the wherewithall even invite his family if he was married to come for like Sunday dinners etc. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast