Agro Fair @ Féria Ganadera dates????

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Has anyone seen the dates for the big agro fair in Santo Domingo?

For a long time it was in February, but was mid-late March last year 

They usually put up a banner beforehand, if anyone passes and sees it I’d appreciate the dates

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That’s it!  You’re the best. Any chance you can add that image to the Santo Domingo events forum?  Can’t do it on my phone. 

It’s a great event, we go every year. Remember the mushrooms last year?? :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
That’s it!  You’re the best. Any chance you can add that image to the Santo Domingo events forum?  Can’t do it on my phone. 

It’s a great event, we go every year. Remember the mushrooms last year?? :)

Maybe you can fill us in on some of the events that go on?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Maybe you can fill us in on some of the events that go on?

Well, in addition to all the farm animals and farm equipment, there are growers and producers from all over DR selling things for ridiculous prices.  We filled our freezer with chicken (100 pesos each regardless of weight), longaniza, ham, honey, all kinds of mushrooms, fresh veggies, platanos by the bunch, eggs by the tray, etc., all at unbelievable prices. We bought some coffee and liked it so much that we went back and ordered 40 pounds to take to NJ.

There’s one building with just plants and flowers.

In the stadium where they do the rodeo, they have horse shows, the pasofino are stunning. 

Truly something for everyone 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
In the stadium where they do the rodeo, they have horse shows, the pasofino are stunning. 

Truly something for everyone 

If you get dates and times for the rodeo please post.

I just happened to be staying in Jarabacoa one time and Pinar Dorado was hosting a horse show. Those horses are something else, not an ounce of fat on them and well groomed.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you get dates and times for the rodeo please post.

I just happened to be staying in Jarabacoa one time and Pinar Dorado was hosting a horse show. Those horses are something else, not an ounce of fat on them and well groomed.

The dates are in the link Matilda posted. I’d love to see the passofino 

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'd never heard of Paso Finos, so I googled.
If you thought DR1'ers were opinionated, it's nothing compared to horse people.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Made it to the fair today, Sunday. A real nice time to kill a few hours. You just walk around look at all the different farm animals, look at tractors, well pumps, plenty of food to eat. The kids can ride horses, adults also. Cost nothing to get in.

They were selling plantains by the truck load for 10 pesos a piece. I guess that is a fair price cause they sure sold a lot.

Fair opens 10 AM and last day will be Sunday the 18th.

I will definitely go back.................

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Made it to the fair today, Sunday. A real nice time to kill a few hours. You just walk around look at all the different farm animals, look at tractors, well pumps, plenty of food to eat. The kids can ride horses, adults also. Cost nothing to get in.

They were selling plantains by the truck load for 10 pesos a piece. I guess that is a fair price cause they sure sold a lot.

Fair opens 10 AM and last day will be Sunday the 18th.

I will definitely go back.................

I’ve got a terrible chest/head cold with a nasty cough, so we haven’t gone yet. The plan is for Tuesday. 

Did you go into the tented buildings?  One is all foods, another all plants and flowers etc. 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I’ve got a terrible chest/head cold with a nasty cough, so we haven’t gone yet. The plan is for Tuesday. 

Did you go into the tented buildings?  One is all foods, another all plants and flowers etc. 

I think i covered the entire grounds. Thanks for the original post. I like stuff like that.........

2rx7frp.jpg