Registered Nursing degree bachelors NURSING 3 or 4 year duration

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Registered Nursing UNIVERSITY bachelors degree in NURSING 3 or 4 year duration

Can someone recommend the above university college that will
1/ provide a curriculum that is recognised / standardised to world standards? prepare a person to to take the American NCLEX exam / work in the UK/Australia etc
2/ what is the monthly fee or annual fee for this course?
thx

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
That level of education for nursing I do not think exists in this country.
Bob K

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nursing in the DR is nothing like nursing in the states. Reach out to SKing on DR1 for some experienced insights.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Roger, I can't think of any University outside of the US that prepares nursing students to take the US NCLEX exam (RN exam). In addition to that requirement foreign students must also take and pass the TOEFL exam (english proficiency). Costs can average anywhere from 20K per year plus for tuition alone in the US. Actually I might be on the low side.
I teach nursing classes online for two US schools - average tuition is $1200 / 3 credit class and you need to complete minimum of 112 credit hours.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There are very few "full term" nursing programs in the DR - I think that there is one in San Pedro and MAYYYYYYBBBEEEE unibe has one. Nursing is a technical degree to start, and nurses get more "training" as they go along. But Nursing here is not equivalent at all - by any stretch of the imagination - to nursing in the US. There are many nurses and doctros from the DR working as aids in the US --- but they still have to take the 8 month certification courses once they get stateside.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
BERMUDA
PREPARES FOR THE NCLEX. AUSTRALIA CURRICULUM AFTER BEING ASSESSED CAN BE APPROVED AND THEREFORE THE PERSON CAN SIT THE EXAM

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
He probably means I'm on the low side for tuition costs, I mentioned 20K / year in tuition but it's been years since I had to pay any myself. I completed my masters in 2000, tuition then was $333/credit hour in NYC.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Many years ago the UCMM (now PUCMM) had a degree (4 year) in Nursing. The frustrations experienced by the graduates in a doctor dominated medical world were sufficient to put an end to the program. At one time it was the single career that also led to a visa to work in the US.

Things have changed. Not much help, I know.

Good Luck

Cordially,

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
HB
years ago there was a nursing shortage in the US.

In Cdn border towns and beyond they held job fairs, luring nurses to cross the border.

Fast immigration, US$$ pay... was very tempting and many took advantage.

As you say - dried up now

I know girls who live today in Vail/Denver thanks to that program

Jan 7, 2016
I got my Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Washington in Seattle in 1974, and the cost for TUITION ONLY was $40,000 back then. Then I got a Masters in Nursing from the University of California in San Diego in 1980 and it was $30,000 for a two year program for Tuition. I was in the Navy during both times in training, so I never incurred any cost of my own...those opportunities are few and far between anymore. Good luck with your search for improvement.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
RamJet may get the double dip---

Dance & nurse lessons combo ......

We'll see him next on Dancing with the Stars & ER

Humor... just a bit of giggles

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
HB
years ago there was a nursing shortage in the US.

In Cdn border towns and beyond they held job fairs, luring nurses to cross the border.

Fast immigration, US$$ pay... was very tempting and many took advantage.

As you say - dried up now

I know girls who live today in Vail/Denver thanks to that program
I imported over a hundred excellent nurses from the Phillipines for years during our high season in FL due to the nursing shortage in the states in the 90's.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My cleaning woman at work is taking nursing classes and is getting close to graduating. She is a very sweet person but honestly, she is still a cleaning woman with a very limited education.

She also is a certified x-ray technician. It aggravates me to no end she is spending hard earned money to take these courses.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Registered Nursing UNIVERSITY bachelors degree in NURSING 3 or 4 year duration

Can someone recommend the above university college that will
1/ provide a curriculum that is recognised / standardised to world standards? prepare a person to to take the American NCLEX exam / work in the UK/Australia etc
2/ what is the monthly fee or annual fee for this course?
thx

I do not think this type of degree is offered in the DR.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My cleaning woman at work is taking nursing classes and is getting close to graduating. She is a very sweet person but honestly, she is still a cleaning woman with a very limited education.

She also is a certified x-ray technician. It aggravates me to no end she is spending hard earned money to take these courses.
After graduation she should consider applying at the home health agency Dorota/DV8 linked. Cleaning experience + nursing edumacation = perfect fit.