Cancelling orange internet any experience? It worked for a while now not

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I want to cancel but have the contract. Have been to their office 5 times. It worked great for about 5 months then when altic took over it is useless in the Campo where I live. They said they would send someone Ha ha ha.

What can a person do? Get a lawyer? Write a letter? Send an email :) ?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I want to cancel but have the contract. Have been to their office 5 times. It worked great for about 5 months then when altic took over it is useless in the Campo where I live. They said they would send someone Ha ha ha.

What can a person do? Get a lawyer? Write a letter? Send an email :) ?

How many month left for your contract? what I sugest to do, is open a case in customer service, take a note on name of the person attended you, case number and date, if they dont give you solution the then fill a report here, https://dau.indotel.gob.do/ provide all the information about your case, date and what they tell you but never did. Pick up formulario de Reclamacion, they will call you back and will start the reclamation process.

If they can not give you a solution will have to release you.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I cancelled service with a cell company many years ago that is not in business now. They doubled my bill and gave me some BS excuse. I just kept using the phone without paying to stick it up their rear end. Finally they shut it off and I never paid one peso and they did nothing.

You have to understand that in the DR people stop paying these companies all the time. They cannot garnish anything here, just try and harass you with calls. If they even know your new number.

Do what any self respecting Dominican would do if he was not getting the service promised. DON'T PAY.......

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I cancelled service with a cell company many years ago that is not in business now. They doubled my bill and gave me some BS excuse. I just kept using the phone without paying to stick it up their rear end. Finally they shut it off and I never paid one peso and they did nothing.

You have to understand that in the DR people stop paying these companies all the time. They cannot garnish anything here, just try and harass you with calls. If they even know your new number.

Do what any self respecting Dominican would do if he was not getting the service promised. DON'T PAY.......

Yup , spot on.

My wife got a claro plan, on the phone ( like the guys ring you up and propose stuff ).
To cancel they wanted, a letter, a cedula and what not.
I just told them to stuff it as they didnt need all that when they were selling the damn thing.
I just stopped paying. They called me once, and only once.

P.S. If you are worried about being on a " black list ", well dont. We used claro services, after this, on other occasions.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I had an Orange internet contract a few years ago in Santiago. Moved, stop using it and stop paying for it. They sent monthly emails for a while and dropped it eventually. They never seemed to link up the prior internet contract I had with the separate Orange telephone number I have and transfer over any debt to it.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Careful doing that now.. you cant get a cell sim with out cedilla..because of abuse to  new 911... so tracking  may happen now..

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I had an Orange internet contract a few years ago in Santiago. Moved, stop using it and stop paying for it. They sent monthly emails for a while and dropped it eventually. They never seemed to link up the prior internet contract I had with the separate Orange telephone number I have and transfer over any debt to it.

Well here now you have another option, prepaid service and not tight to a contract. very good price and speed http://viva.com.do/internet-movil-4g-4x4-ilimitado-mifi/

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well here now you have another option, prepaid service and not tight to a contract. very good price and speed http://viva.com.do/internet-movil-4g-4x4-ilimitado-mifi/

If you do more than just email and maybe a message board or two the cost of these types of services can add up real quick. Watch a couple of videos and you will use up your GB quota for that package and they slow your speed down so slow you will want to buy another data package.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
If you do more than just email and maybe a message board or two the cost of these types of services can add up real quick. Watch a couple of videos and you will use up your GB quota for that package and they slow your speed down so slow you will want to buy another data package.

Well 512 kbps is good one for nomal users, agree that is not for watch netflix.