Santiago/Punta Cana

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Single engine Cessna.........serviced in DR.......you have to be nuts to buy to fly cross country where turbulence is to be expected.

I have been in hundreds of Cessna's like this one. Never landed though, always Skydiving out of them.

I remember one time the engine caught fire, Myself and the other jumper were out of the plane and the pilot was on his own. No door on that plane though. The pilot landed unhurt.

Jan 9, 2004
I hope they get more than one plane, I would love to use that service instead of driving the whole way STI-PUJ

I think they need a larger aircraft first.

How they intend to be a viable business flying 3 passengers and their luggage in a 172 ($95.00 each way pp) .........the numbers do not appear to make much sense..........financially or from a weight and balance perspective. All flights are VFR only.

Beeza owns a 172.........maybe he can chime in.

I do like the idea STI/PUJ though.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Tiguaair is a one-man-band who flies his C172 around the country for charter.  Francisco, the son of the owner of Ahi bar in Santiago.  Really nice fella and a good pilot.

There is absolutely no way you can make money from a single engine light aircraft here in the DR, even with all the correct certificates.  So many have tried and almost all have failed.

My plane is my toy.  An expensive one at that.  I share it with my Dad and we occasionally take people flying who contribute towards the costs.

We have recently been approached by the IDAC, the Dominican airworthiness authority to become part of the DR's Civil Air Patrol and the gov will assist us with some of our fees such as parking, fuel and maintenance.  We are waiting for further details and hope it comes to fruition.

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
It's $76 plus taxes...I would love to do it for weekends in punta Cana but round trip is $400 for me and the girl...compared to $50 in gas and her sleeping while I drive... But the killer is the timing. I want to leave work at 5 on Friday and return at 5 on Sunday, not 8am...